"Better watch your mouth, triblood." Randell icily replies, coming to Aspen's aid and I laugh.

"Why? All I see are a couple of fruit flies in front of me." Once again I hear snickers behind me as my friends try to hold in their laughter and the twats notice it too as they start shaking in anger. Did I mention how much I love my friends?

"Listen here-" I don't let Aspen continue as I stand tall, glaring at the two of them while raising my voice above hers.

"No, you guys listen! I don't think I need to remind you that the last time we fought the ones who lost were the both of you and not me. So unless you would like to be beaten again, I would suggest you turn around and walk yourselves out the door."

"Unless you do want to lose again, then I would be happy to oblige. Makes no difference to me. So, what's it gonna be?" At my words the two of them look to the floor, skin turning pale and muttering, before they turn and walk out the door. Serves them right.

I feel my body humming alive as it felt good to put those two in their place. Turning around I find my friends grinning ear to ear and I can't help the grin that spreads across my lips in return. "What, no help?" I tease them before Vi shakes her head, her smile growing wider.

"From what we saw, you didn't need it." After Vi's remark a moment of silence passes before we burst out laughing.

...

I feel the cold breeze blowing on my cheeks and whip my hair around me as I take a step out of my cottage into the night. It's starting to shift to fall now and I wrap the black leather jacket Andy gave me around me as I'm standing outside in my sweats with a pyjama shirt. My breaths comes out in ghostly puffs as I stare up at the jewels in the sky letting my thoughts wander.

"Cas."

At the sound of my name being whispered I turn in direction ahead of my cottage to find Andy standing with his hands tucked into his pockets. He glances at the leather jacket on my shoulders then takes in my pj's before his usual half smile hits his face. I can't help but blush at his scrutiny as I dart my eyes to the ground away from his.

"Hey Andy."

"Not really walking weather, is it?"He probes me in a joking manner and I smile.

"Relax, I'm not trying to kill myself from the cold! I just needed to think."

"And you couldn't do that in the warm comforts of your cottage, why?"He comes closer to me and I playfully shove him away.

"Oh shut up! What about you, huh?"

He raises an eyebrow at me, still half smiling. "What about me?"

"What are you still doing outside?" In response to my question, he puffs out his chest trying to act like a superhero and I start to giggle.

"Well Cas I am doing my noble duty as a member of the Oath Bound which as so happens involves staying back late." At his words I can't help but burst out laughing at his whole charade, doubling over and holding my stomach.

Andy watches my reaction with a normal, gentle smile on his face. "Please don't do that again!"

"Hm, nah I think I'm gonna do it again later."

I whack his arm lightly and stick my tongue out at him, causing him to throw back his head in laughter. Once his laughing stops he looks back at me and as I meet his eyes both of us have wide grins plastered on our faces.

"Man, I can't take this cold anymore!" I break the silence with my complaint and start rubbing my numb hands together to get the blood flowing again.