"Hey Mione," Ginny smiles.

"Hey Gin. There is something I need to tell you," I say sitting beside her.

"Go ahead," she says.

"I am leaving Hogwarts on Tuesday. And I don't know when I will come back," I say.

"What?! Why?" Ginny exclaims.

"Well my parents are leaving the country and I have to go with them," I lie.

"Oh Hermione! I wish you could stay but we can still owl each other," she says hugging me.

"Yes we can," I hug her back. "I will be back later," I say walking down the stairs.

"What did you tell her?" Ron asks.

"My parents are leaving the country and I have to go with them," I say.

"Hermione I wish you didn't have to go," Harry says.

"So do I! But at least I will be safer," I say.

"What is he going to say when he leaves?" Ron asks.

"He is retiring and getting a job in Romania working at a school there," I say.

"Do you need to go back to him?" Harry asks.

"Yeah," I say heading to the door.

"Bye," we say in unison. I walk through the maze of hallways towards the dungeons. I knock quietly on Snape's office and the door creaks open. Severus looks at me sadly and I look at him.

"I am so sorry Hermione," he says letting me in.

"It's okay Severus. At least we will be together" I say hugging him.

"Yes! I will not let anyone hurt you and I will protect you until I stop breathing," he murmurs into my hair.

"And I you," I say. "Do you know where we are going?" I ask.

"America," he says. "We are buying a small house out of New York and we will stay there," Snape kisses my head.

"Okay..." I murmur, my eyes fill with tears again.

"Hermione I love you. You should know that there is one way you can stay," Snape murmurs his voice husky.

"What do you mean?" I ask looking up at him.

"We can... be over! If you wish to stay?" Severus says looking down at me.

"No! No! No! No! I am staying with you Sev! I love you okay and don't want to lose you. I am okay! I am happy to be leaving with you! He cannot hurt you that way! I really want to be with you forever," I say standing on my tip toes pressing my lips to his. Severus picks me up and presses me on the wall so we are the same height. I wrap my legs around him deepening the kiss. Severus slowly raises his hand to my cheek and holds me.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you," I reply. Severus puts me back firmly in the ground and I smile at him.

"At least now we can be happy," he says.

"Yes! But no matter where we are as long as we are together, I will be happy!" At that moment a thought struck my. What about my parents? What if Voldemort trues to go after them? "Severus what will we do about my parents?" I ask.

"I needed to talk to you about that. Dumbledore thinks that if we are discover we will torture them until they tell him where we are. And then most likely kill them. So he thinks it will be best to modify their memory," he says gravely. My heart drops.