Anything

At first, Sol was heartbroken but he soon turned heartbreak into determination. He clearly hadn't worked hard enough to get Luke to like him so now he would redouble his efforts. No way was he going to let Luke leave. He would do anything in his power to make his mate fall madly in love and see that they were meant for each other, anything.

Meanwhile, Luke was surprised by Sol's strange behavior. What he had said the other day must have really hit a nerve. Now instead of clingy, whiney, hyper and spacey, the pup was quite subdued. He hadn't even caught Sol spacing out having long conversations with his wolf in the middle of halls and rooms since.

Bentius had agreed to stay quiet while Sol attempted to woo their wayward mate. Sol could still feel his agitated wolf pacing in the back of his mind but they both agreed the less wolf the better when it came to Luke.

After a few days, human was beginning to appreciate the new Sol. He didn't bother him. He got work done and he didn't have to worry about chasing him through the halls as his colleagues watched on in distaste.

"I see you've got the mutt under controle," Jess commented on the fourth day as she placed her lunch across from Lukes.

The 'mutt' in question sat next to Luke, stiffening when the girl joined them. He didn't like Jess. Luke was obviously gay (even if he didn't want Sol) and the girl still clung to him. Sol smirked, at least he knew Luke didn't like clingy people.

"I don't really know what's going on with him and I don't think you should be calling him that." Luke added the last part as an afterthought.

Jess was slightly annoyed by Luke's defense. "umm... Weren't you calling him a mutt just a few weeks ago?"

Luke thought back. It seemed like so long ago. It felt as if sol had been with them for what felt like forever. No just... Almost 4 weeks ago? When was the last meeting with that wretched alpha? Last Tuesday?.... Wait that meant the full moon was only two days away!

"We gotta go." Luke suddenly announced to Jess before dragging Sol away with him.

"What's wrong mate?" Sol hadn't even finished lunch.

"The full moon is in two days, we have to ask Alison about a safe shifting plan for you. It would have been ideal if you had just been gone by now but seeing as that's not happening we have to find a spot where none of the guards will shoot you on 'accident'" Luke knew it would definitely be no accident.

Sol stopped walking with Luke and tugged Luke  back. "It's okay. We doesn't need spot, I not going to shift."

Luke looked down at the boy and shook his head. "The man said that won't work. You know that. Come on let's go."

It was Sol's turn to shake his head. "No, alpha said, 'wolves meaner back then' Benny no mean. He be good."

Luke contemplated this. That guy had said the wolves in the story were much wilder. Benny did seem to be very mild-mannered and patient with his human side. And wouldn't it just be so convenient for Luke if he didn't have to worry about this boy turning into a wolf? Or getting shot on 'accident'?

"You're sure you know what you're doing?" He asked one more time, just to be sure.

"Yep! It fine! I won't be wolf. We do it for you." The pup hit Luke with a lopsided grin and skipped back to his lunch.