Part 11

Harry ran a hand through his hair and bit his lip, willing himself not to cry in the middle of Louis' front yard.

He was still on his knees on the path and had remained there even after Louis had slammed the door and disappeared into the house.

He wiped his hands down his face and took a deep breath as he stood up and brushed off his jeans.

The only thing he could think about was what Louis had said.

Earn it. If you ever want a chance with me, you'll have to fix what you've broken.

Fix what you've broken.

The words ran through Harry's head like a chime in the wind.

He realised, that he had broken Louis. Louis no longer trusted him. Louis no longer wanted anything to do with him, and Harry was going to have to fix it.

He was determined to earn the chance to show him, just as Louis had said. Harry was intent on getting Louis to listen again. He knew he could do it.

He just needed to show him that he was a better person. That he really cared.

He needed to fix his relationship with Louis and in turn, fix Louis.

He walked up to the front door and knocked.

It was abruptly opened by Niall, who's face dropped when he saw who it was.

"Harry." He deadpanned.

"Hey," Harry awkwardly replied.

"I thought we told you to fuck off?" Niall continued, emotionless. "Surely, even some one as mentally challenged as you would have got the message by now."

"I-I" Harry began. "Is Louis there?" he asked, hoping for one more chance.

Maybe Louis had calmed down a little, maybe he was more willing to talk now.

"Dude." Niall shook his head in disbelief. "He literally just told you to leave."

"Please?" Harry asked in a small voice.

"No. You have fucked him over one too many times and I'm not about to stand here and watch you do it again." Niall spat. "You need to leave. Now."

Niall began to close the door on him, but Harry put his foot in the way.

"Wait!" he exclaimed.

"You've got to be kidding me." Niall rolled his eyes. "Move Harry, or I'll call campus police."

"No, c'mon." Harry smiled a little. "Can you just let me speak to him for a second."
"No." Niall replied.

"For a friend?" Harry asked.

"We're not friends." Niall stated. "Not anymore. You're a despicable human being."

Harry frowned and gulped, nodding to himself.

"Okay," he whispered.

Niall rolled his eyes again. "Don't play that card. Don't make me think you care when you don't."

"I do." Harry pleaded.

"You don't." Niall retaliated. "You never do. The only things you care about are alcohol and sex."

"That's not true-" Harry started but Niall interrupted him.

"Yes it is!" Niall barked. "This is the thing you do. You make someone think you care, then fuck them over. Well not this time. You're not getting near him again. Can't you see you've already broken him? This is too much, Harry. Too much."