Chapter 2

Edward P.O.V

"Mom, I'm going for a walk." I said to Esme who was at the kitchen cooking.

"Okay, son."

"Where you going, big brother?" Alice Asks me.

"Yeah, little bro." Emmett says.

"I'm just going for a walk," I say and walk out.

Dad was working late today so mom wanted to go to the movies. While I walked I saw the most beautiful girl ever. Chocolate eyes, brown wavy hair. Heart shaped face. Just beautiful. I think she was thinking about something while she walked her dog - Labrador and also seem really well cared -. Her eyes were staring out in space, not watching where she was going. My eyes made contact with hers but it was like she didn't see me.

I looked down and when I notice I bumped into her.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized damming myself for being so stupid. "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Neither was I." She says with irony but smiling. She was looking off in space.

I laugh. She is still looking ahead of me. Is she blind? I wave my hand across her face. Nothing.

She laughs. "Yes, I'm blind."

"How did you-?"

"How did I know you were waving your hand across my face?" She cuts me off. "People do it often and I can also fell the wind hit my face."

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I apologies again. 

"No, no it's okay. Totally fine!" She says.

My mind goes blank. She's so beautiful. How come she's blind? A beautiful girl just like her.

"Are you still here?" She asks. 

"... Yes! Yes, I'm here." I say in a whisper.

"What's wrong? Never seen a blind girl?"

"Never saw a beautiful one just like you."

She blushes.

"I'm not pretty."

What is she talking about?!

"Clearly you are blind because right now I think I'm seeing a fallen angel and I'm not talking about your watchdog."

"Stop it," She laughs again. What a beautiful laugh.

"It's the truth," I say. "My parents showed me to speak the truth and I do."

"Yeah right."

Ask her out!! Ask her out!!

"Want to go for ice cream?"

"... Um, I'm free later this week-"

What? No!! Why not now?!?!

"Why not now?"

"Because I don't even know your name and what doesn't tell me you could take me to an alley and kill me."

"C'mon, I think your dog is smart enough to smell danger." I say. "It's just a ice cream, I promise."

"... What's your name?" She asks. Her smile was the most adorable thing every. 

"Edward Cullen. What's yours?"

"Isabella Swan. But you can call me Bella."

"Beautiful."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Shall we go?" I take her free hand and guide it to my arm. She smiles and squeezes my arm. 

"Yes."

Her dog walked right in front of us. He or she seem to be really smart because when we got to the stop light he or she stoped. Barked twice. Bella stopped.

Two cars went by.

The dog looked barked once and we kept walking.

"Wow." I gasp. "That's a smart dog of yours."

"Yeah, she's kind of smart."

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Daisy."

"Well, Daisy is smart."

"She's well trained and my best friend." She's says in a sad tone.

"C'mon, I bet you have a lot of friends."

She shakes her hand with a sad smile.

When we get to the ice cream shop the lady smiles when she sees us come inside.

"Bella, what a lovely surprise." She says.

"Hello, Ms. Cope."

"Who's the gentleman?" She asks.

"I'm Edward Cullen a friend of Bella's."

"Your doctor Cullen's son, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"Well, chocolate ice cream for Bella?" She asks.

Bella nods.

"And for you?"

"I'll have cookies and cream and vanilla."

She smiles and starts to get our order. When she gives them to us she says, "is on the house."

"Thank you." We both say.

"Goodbye, Bella, Edward. Daisy." She says.

"Goodbye." We say.

We walk outside and I help Bella sit on the sidewalk. Daisy sits right next to her and so do I.

"So tell me about yourself."

"There's not much to know about me," she sighs. "I'm blind and I live a boring life with a dog."

"Can't be that boring."

"Well it is."

"We need to change that," I say, "how about we become friends?"

"Friends?"

"Why not?"

"We could try." She smiles.

It must be sad not being able to see things. Not able to see a sunset or a sunrise.

I just met this girl and I already feel like were connected. I want to help her somehow I would.

"I just notice I don't even know how you look," she says.

"Want me to describe myself?" I ask.

"Can I first try something?" She asks. "Sure." I turn to her and help her turn to me.

Even though she's starring off to the street her hands find my chest. I shiver and she smiles. They slowly travel to my neck.

"I think you have muscles," she says frowning. Her hands go up to my jaw. "Squared jaw..." Her soft fingers touch my lips. "Full lips..." She touches my nose. "Pointy nose." We both laugh. "Nice cheekbones." We laugh again. "Curled eyelashes..." Finally her hands go to my messy hair. "And messy hair."

"I have green eyes and bronze messy hair," I say.

"Do you?" She takes her hands away. "Then you must be really handsome."

"And you are beautiful."

"You've said that a lot lately," she raises an eyebrow.

"Because it's true."

She smiles. "Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: August 10, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324