Chapter 35

Edward P.O.V

I board up the plane filled with people, everyone putting their hand luggage away. I searched for seat B27, next to Emmett and Jasper. Once we find them I put my luggage away and sit next to the window.

"Damn, Edward, I wanted that seat." Emmett whined.

"Shut up and sit down," Jasper said. "I'll take the isle."

Emmett sits next to me and then Jasper.

"That was a hell of a goodbye," he sighs. "I'll sure miss Rosalie."

"I'll miss Alice," Jasper leans back. "And you, Edward?"

I smile, looking out the window. "Nah, I won't miss her."

Emmett sits up and looks at me like I'm crazy. So does Jasper. I look at them and chuckle.

"I'm serious, guys, I won't miss Bella at all."

"But-"

"Just a few minutes ago I figured out that I'll always be able to hear her voice and see her. I also know that when I come back she'll be here, waiting for me. That's something to look forward to."

Emmett laughed and said, "you scared me there for a second, bro."

"Yeah," Jasper said. 

I chuckle, leaning back and looking out the window, where by now Bella is with my mother and my sister, and the way I say when I said goodbye was like she figured something out. Probably the same thing I just did.

Me going to Chicago doesn't mean that I'll never see her again or not know about her. I am going to see her, I am going to know about her. We are going to be together again.

I hope Alice did what I'd asked her to do, and I hope Bella likes it.

I am coming back.

Bella P.O.V

After knowing that the plane had taken off, we headed back home. Alice and Rose came with me to my place and hanged out for a while. Now, we are sitting on my backyard, just at sunset. I close my eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun against my skin. 

"Here you go, girls." Mom brought us some drinks while we sat here. She takes my hand and places the cold drink on my hand. I can hear the ice hitting each other.

"Thanks." We said.

We sat there, not talking, just thinking. I know Alice and Rosalie are sad the boys are gone, I mean who wouldn't, but that didn't mean they're gone forever.

"They're coming back," I say, "is not like that was our last time seeing them."

"It still hurts," Alice sobs. "God, the house is going to he so quiet and boring with my brothers and Jasper and..."

"I know, mine too," Rosalie sobs.

"I know," I say. "But, think. They wouldn't want us to cry because they're not here. We should at least make it fun, until they come back on Christmas break, okay girls? No more sad tears, they're coming back, don't doubt that."

"That's why my brother loves you," Alice said. "Here, he told me to give you this."

I take it. Is a thick piece of paper. "What is this?" I ask, feeling it.

"He told me to send to translate for you so you can read it."

I frown. "Okay..." I place it on the ground and run my hands through it.

It read:

Dear Bella,

If you're reading this it means my sister, Alice, did a good job translating this for you. And, also that by that time I'll probably be on a plane, flying miles away from you. Not that I wanted to go away, but I needed to. Why? Because I wanted something to offer you for our future together and hopefully it will be a future filled with light and a future where you can finally sit down on your backyard and watch the sun set.

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much of my life. Just a boring job, with a boring house, etc, etc. That changed the minute I saw you walking with your dog, Daisy. I immediately knew that you were the girl I wanted in my life. And I loved every second, every moment I spent with you. Watching you frown, giggle, laugh, cry, watching you happy or sad. I loved every second and I'll love it until the last breath I take.

Bella, I can't tell you how happy it makes me every time I remember the time I met you. I always thought that I was the one giving you an experience, that I was the one you needed, that I was the one who was showing you the world through my eyes. God, I was wrong. It was always you, Bella, you gave me the experience, you are the one I needed, that you are the one showing me the world through your eyes. You taught me that you don't need to see a person physically to fall in love, you have to see what's inside to fall in love.

I may had lost hope in a part of my life, but you helped me gain it back. I just hope you never loose yours.

Love, Edward.

I wipe my tears away and smile down. I take the letter and press it against my chest, chuckling.

"I'm not, Edward," I say. 

~~~~~ The End ~~~~~

I know, probably not the best end for this story but I tried. Hopefully the sequel will be better.

Sequel has been already published. Take a look on how Edward and Bella's story continues in 'Forever And Always.'