53

as hyunjin stares down at his phone, the tears are flowing non stop. letting out hiccups, clutching onto his shirt as he whispers to himself to stop. he just can't, he sees the grey bubble that signifies he's typing. he's waiting for a response as he wipes his tears. kkami who's snuggling in his lap lends him comfort throughout the situation.

he believes he's going to receive a text, but he doesn't. felix stops typing and instead it just ends. he expected it to end this way, he knew this wasn't going to be a happy ending for both of them. throwing his phone, he wipes his tears away. looking into a nearby mirror, his eyes are red and puffy. his lips are still quivering and he can't seem to stop.

smiling, he shakes his head. stop. is all he tells himself.

a couple minutes later, he calms down. his breathing sets back to normal, the hiccuping has toned down and the redness in his eyes isn't as vivid. letting out a harsh sigh, he sniffles a bit and wipes the dripping snot from his nose. hearing a faint knock on his door, he clears his throat. "c—come in!"

the door opening, he expects it to be his mom since she was baking cookies for him. but it's not, hyunjin can't help but smile yet feel guilty at the same time.

"jinnie, your mom told me to give these to you." as the boy lifts the plate of fresh baked cookies, "you wanted me to come right?"

hyunjin nods, "thanks and yeah I did. I really need you right now seungmin.."