Prompt #21

Prompt: Prompt about what would've happened if Ray never took Silas away from his parents

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Silas Kelley lit a cigarette and leaned against the side of his house. He could hear his parents yelling inside, and wiped blood from his forehead. His dad had nicked him with a broken bottle.

                "Silas!"

                He didn't turn his head at the angry voice, just blew out smoke and placed the cigarette between his lips. She grabbed his arm and forced him to face her.

                "You think you can stand me up?" she demanded, smacking him in the face. "See if I fuck you again, asshole."

                Good. He hoped she didn't fuck him again.

                He hated it. He hated having sex with girls. But if anyone found that out, they'd beat the fag right out of him. So he did it, and he felt so angry after. He felt trapped inside a body that was wrong, that should enjoy women but found no pleasure. Girls' moans didn't turn him on; they made him want to cover his ears and crawl into a dark place to be alone.

                "We ain't datin'," Silas said. He didn't care to hit girls, but if she kept this up, she'd be well acquainted with his fists.

                She cocked her head to the side curiously, reaching out and touching his face. He kept his impassive expression despite the way he felt his skin crawl. Was she going to start touching him other places too?

                But her fingers lingered near the new cut on his forehead. "Good. You could use a few more scars. You got a baby face."

                "Bet a baby can't knock out half your teeth with one blow," Silas said, smacking her hand away. "Thought you were done with me? Piss off, Rachel."

                She wasn't the worst of the bunch, so he'd settled for her. He couldn't stand the way they mocked him for still being a virgin, so he'd let himself be set up with Rachel a year ago. No more questions, no more taunts, no more suspicions of "does he even want a girl".

                Rachel put her hands back on her hips, fixing him with a glare he was used to. "You got someone on the side?"

                "Nah. Even if I did, it ain't none of your business," Silas said. He didn't even want a main girl. He sure as hell didn't want a side one. But if that's what it took, he'd do it. He'd seen a boy get sent to the hospital last year when they found out he was a fag. Silas wouldn't be next.

                He wondered how long he could keep it up. A lot of his friends already had kids. Teenage pregnancy was common in the area, and Silas was careful to use condoms. He didn't want kids. He didn't want to be strapped to some girl and their shared accident.

                Rachel pushed him against the wall of the house, taking his cigarette and helping herself to a drag. She took a bottle out of her bag and shook it at him, the pills inside rattling.

                "Play your cards right, you might get some," she said, letting her fingers dance over his chest.

                She kissed him, and he tasted the cigarette smoke in her kiss. He kissed her back, letting his hands wander over the curves of her body, begging his body to enjoy it, his heart dropping when it didn't. He wasn't repulsed by women; they just didn't turn him on. They didn't please him. He knew what that meant, and he knew how important it was to hide that.