viii

UGH So this part really isn't my favorite, but it was incredibly necessary since I kinda left a cliffhanger with the last part. It reveals a lot about Saoirse and like I said, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Yeah that's really all I have to say on this one so sorry if it's kinda sucky because I feel like it's kinda sucky :/

XXX

Greed: An excessive pursuit of a material possessions.

Saoirse had entered the room she had apparently abandoned in the late hours of the night. She couldn't recall what compelled her to leave her room, but she felt it was right.

The girl quickly changed out of her dress from the previous day and into a new one that was a lighter shade of purple than the other one.

Ms. Mead was thoroughly confused when she'd entered the room to see Saoirse already up and dressed, but decided to not question it. She merely shrugged it off and continued her rounds to wake the rest of the outpost up.

Saoirse left her room when she'd finished getting herself ready for the day, taking the time to do a lot of thinking and reflecting. She'd come to one major conclusion, and that at least satisfied her curiosity about what was going on for now.

The brunette had made her way to the parlor, hoping she wouldn't see Langdon and deal with the awkwardness of the fact she'd stayed the night in his room. But her lonely stroll was soon accompanied by a short strawberry blonde.

"Where were you last night, Sirsh?" Ember joined Saoirse, for she's just left her room.

"Well good morning to you too," Saoirse frowned, looking at Ember.

Ember frowned back at Saoirse, "You're ignoring my question, why weren't you in your room? I went to check on you after the whole fiasco and you weren't there."

Saoirse paused, the Gallant fiasco? She definitely was in her room. Was there something else that'd happened before she left her room?

"I took a walk to the library to get my mind off things," Saoirse lied plainly, looking straight ahead of them at the parlor, which seemed to already be inhabited.

"A walk?" Ember scoffed, "Since when do you take walks? Saoirse I can tell something is up with you." Em paused, "You weren't...with him, were you?" She asked quietly.

An uneasy feeling came over Saoirse as she though about a sufficient answer to give her best friend. She obviously couldn't tell Ember she was with him, the nausia that overcane her when that option crossed her mind signified an automatic no. All she could do was lie.

"No, I wasn't. What makes you think that?"

Ember shrugged, "Like I said, you've been around him a lot. You know I don't like him, Sirsh, and I think you should stay away from him too."

Saoirse didn't speak, she felt guilty for lying to Ember, but if she wanted her spot secured for the Sanctuary, she had to play Langdon's game. Even if it meant being deceitful to those around her in a sitaution of life or death.

"He's just been checking in on my health." She covered, "We've all been fed and taken care of the same here, it just so happens he chose me to be the one he checked in on health wise."

Ember looked to Saoirse as if she didn't believe her, but ultimately gave her a shrug, "Whatever you say."

The two entered the parlor and immediately Saoirse had noticed the group was smaller, though Gallant sat in one of the armchairs glaring at the ground."Where are Emily and Timothy?" 

Saoirse looked to Ember as they entered.Ember frowned at Saoirse again, "How did you not hear them screaming last night? Isn't his room next to yours?"