v

I really wanted to add more to this but I also wanted to post a new part before I have to go to work, so here's what I managed to finish before I have to get ready. Depending on how I'm feeling when I get home from work, I might start a new part because I won't get much writing time tomorrow because I have orientation for my new job and then I have work at my first job right after. So enjoy and please vote!

XXX

Saoirse sat inside the library by herself. The only thing she could focus her mind on was the time she had spent with Langdon in his office earlier. Was she making the right decision? Judging the salvation of others based solely on her own opinion in exchange for intimate time with Langdon that probably meant nothing. Surely he was only here to bribe her with the one thing she'd lacked the past eighteen months-- the touch of a man. It was no lie that everyone in the group were thriving for something other than the normal day to day interactions they'd had with one another. Hell, the sexual tension was rolling off of Emily and Timothy in waves and made everyone uncomfortable when they were bothered and hot. But never were they allowed to act on their feelings. Any sort of copulation would result in an automatic death sentence according to the Cooperative.

But that rule didn't really seem to apply to Michael's methods. He knew it made her vulnerable and he used it to his advantage to get what he wanted-- the nitty gritty of the people in that bunker rather than what they thought he wanted to hear in their interviews. At least that's the reason Saoirse tried to tell herself was true when she tried to make sense of the whole situation. But all she had to do was give him a name and she could feel those lips again kissing her hungrily and playfully biting and licking at her neck. The way his hands had gripped her waist and when his hand slid down her thigh.

"Stop it, Sirsh!" The brunette murmured to herself, "pull yourself together."

"Have you started talking to yourself now, Saoirse?" A voice rang out from the doorway of the library.

Saoirse turned her head, glad to find it was only Ember. The strawberry blonde held a playful smirk on her face as she strolled inside.

"No," Saoirse gave a breathy laugh, "But I might as well since there isn't really any way to engage in conversation with anyone here. We all hear and see the same things."

Ember shrugged, "You're not wrong." 

Ember looked to Saoirse, she could tell something was off with her, her energy she gave off wasn't the normal soft and laid back feeling it normally was. She seemed troubled

"You're overthinking things again, Sirsh," Ember finally decided, "And you've been acting off. You also spend a lot of time with Langdon." 

Saoirse hesitated as she stared back at Ember, if anyone knew something was off with Saoirse, it would be Ember. What worried the brunette even more was that Ember had noticed her extra time with Langdon, which meant the rest of the group had probably noticed as well.

"I'm fine," she smiled back at her best friend, "Like I said, it's probably just the lack of food we've been getting and all. It's just messing with my head and making me panic thinking about soon we'll have nothing. No one knows if they're going to The Sanctuary so I think we're all a bit on edge," she shrugged, hoping Ember had bought her lie while also ignoring the fact that Saoirse hadn't mentioned Langdon.

Ember studied her best friend for a few seconds before settling on Saoirse's answer, "Whatever you say, just know if things get too overwhelming, I'm here."

Saoirse smiled at Ember's words. Ember Rose had always had a kind heart and had been a sweet girl since the day she'd met her at Robichaux a few years prior. She was glad Cordelia had paired them together in their lessons.