Chapter 3

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

****************

I make my way through a huge crowd of some excited teen girls and boys who are waiting impatiently for the soccer match to begin.

Boys' eyes are all focused in one direction: The group of young, fit, and pretty cheerleaders who are practicing right on the corner of the field, lead by miss pinky, who seems just fine for someone that has got his car hit this morning.

I finally find an empty seat, and it is next to Bill!

Bill waves at me excitedly.

Awww, I don't want to break his heart by telling him that I have to work with that ass instead of him.

Suddenly, everyone starts clapping. I look around to find out what's happening and I see the players entering the field. I notice Caleb scanning the crowd with his eyes while running across the field as if searching for a certain someone. Then, his eyes focus on me, he smiles and waves at me. I wave back and mouth "good luck".

Now I must say, these boys are killing it! I've never watched any of our school's soccer matches before, so I didn't really expect much from the team, but they are now ahead of the other team by 4 points! Mason has scored three of them, which adds to his ego if that's even possible.

The match ends with a total of 5-1 to our school, Riverside high. Everyone gathers in the field to celebrate our school's victory. Cheerleaders are dancing, couples are kissing, and there he is.. Mason King, carried by his teammates and applauded by the whole school.

That arrogant jackass.

I turn around to see that Caleb is walking towards me.

I smile widely. "Good game!" I cheer him.

"Thanks! I'm glad you came!" He seems happy.

"I've never watched any of our school's soccer games.. So I thought why not?"

"Woah woah woah hold on! This is your first school soccer game??!" He opens his mouth in shock.

"Yup."

"What? Why?!"

"Well I guess I didn't really know anyone here.. Today, I came for you." I blush.

"That's good to hear!" He smiles.

I notice him hesitating as if he wants to say something that he isn't sure of. Then he finally decides to speak.
"Um.. now since we won, Brandon is hosting a victory party tonight at his place, so I was wondering if you would maybe like to come with me?"

Wait a second... Is this handsome dude asking me out?!!

No, Taylor! You're not going to a stupid party! Even with a cute guy like this one standing right in front of you.

"Well.. Caleb, thanks for asking, I really do appreciate it and I am looking forward to spend some more time with you, but.. parties aren't really my thing, so.." He quickly cuts me off before I could continue this sentence.

"I won't take no as an answer! Please come with me and I'll make sure that you'll have a great time! Deal?" He waits nervously for me to answer.

Although I am not the most popular girl around, I have no friends, but Caleb Parker is asking ME to go to the party with him!