"Anything I will tell you. You go and have a date with your coffee. You might be able to handle after it the Supervisory Special Agent disappointment again." Marc interrupted sniffling a laugh.

He knew the misery of telling uptight Caleb again what they found was another dead end.

‏+++

A week passed and Eylul optimistic at the start of the week started to subside to dejection.

In her apartment, she paced the living room. All the cases she worked in. Eliminating organized crime groups. Bringing some radical into custody and many similar ones.

She always achieved massive progress by the five-month mark. Thanks to her extensive knowledge in Criminology. What she completed now was close to claiming a few meters to reach the top of Mount Ararat.

X case was a thing Eylul never encountered. What she had from evident consider not existent.

Erick on purpose wasn't told about X, to not alarm him. Until now she has names and hypothesis needed a strong evidence to became facts. For the nerve agent they don't know what the goal it made for ,since it kills from the first pill. that's why the mafias still hesitant to deal with it.

She hoped for a miracle to happen and find something to make progress in the case.

On the contrary of the earth tone formal attire she wore to her job, Eylul loved to let loose a bit at home with only wearing sweatpants with colorful bralettes.

In her bedroom, Eylul picked up the phone to set the alarm, but held back from doing so by a message from Marc:

There is a fire in Erick rehab.

She changed quickly then ran to her car.

+++

Red flames of a blazing fire. Steady drizzle. Mixed sirens of ambulances and fire trucks were what met Eylul reaching the rehab.

She prayed that X doesn't have a hand in it .

X loved to fill the place with Propane gas, then lit a small spark to set the place on fire in seconds. A rare method indicate how lunatic X was.

The fancy rehab had a lot of fireplaces operating on Propane. Since Propane cause rotten eggs smell, That would make setting the place on fire without being caught or anyone alarmed by the fire easier.

She searched for Lexi ,one of the undercover agent assigned as bodyguard to Erick. Finding Lexi was a bit difficult, thanks to the smog and the shouting around her.

" Please tell me this fire is not X doing." Eylul pleaded when she found her.

Lexi was freezing wrapped in a grey blanket next to a police vehicle away from the noise of the sirens.

"I am afraid to say it is X; because the Propane sensors showed a large amount of leaking. A.K.A, X signature move. We were able to evacuate everyone safely." contemplatively Lexi replied while rising the blanket to cover her pixie blonde hair. That reminded Eylul of the rain still drizzling above.

She told Lexi to follow her to the car. Eylul forgot the heater on when she rushed outside to the rehab, so it took only moments for them to worm up.

Eylul still denied believing the fire is X doing. She faced Lexi , "how come it is X. We chose this rehab especially because of the isolation of it's location. Even on the internet considered not existent. How come he found him here not on the previous tow ?"

"Don't worry, Marc kept the critical details of the case on a flash drive. If X did hack us, he wouldn't know about the sensors we installed, nor the tunnels that lead to the outside. What is important now that Erick and the rest unharmed."