A New Beginning

Fletcher's P.O.V.

As Fletcher helped his mother out of the carriage Othello came out and welcomed Fletcher's mother with a slight bow and introduced himself. After Fletcher helped his mother out of the carriage he walked with her to the newly rebuilt Raleighshire mansion and when they entered Fletcher Gasped. "This is certainly different than I remember, the last time I was in here it was about to fall apart, now it looks like it was built yesterday." then a familiar voice from behind him said "Well that's because it was just finished yesterday" Fletcher turned around to be welcomed by his friend Athol, a dwarf slightly taller than Othello but still only reached to Fletcher's chest.

Fletcher bent down and gave his old friend a hug. "I hadn't expected to see you here, I would have thought you were with Uhtred in Corcillum." "Yes well I couldn't just leave the townspeople here without someone to teach them how to build, anyway I had very little to do with this project, it was the townspeople that had wanted to rebuild it, I just taught them how to do what they wanted to build." Athol took a second to dramatically show him the entrance hall and Fletcher eventually realized what he had said and he couldn't believe it.

 "Wait they did this for me?" "Yes, they didn't think they could ever repay you for what you did for them, to them your the hero that saved them from certain death." then a look of gloom overtook Fletcher "It wasn't me who saved us, it was Atilla, Caulder, Rotherham, and all the other soldiers that fell, not me." "Don't blame yourself for their deaths Fletcher, they knew the risk when they went into the army" Even as Athol said it, he instantly regretted it. Fletcher stopped and once again his tears fell, for all that had fallen to save Raleighshire, it should have been him, their lives were worth more than his puny life.