Chapter:7 Let's work together

Start from the beginning

Hayley hesitated at first but left at her request. Klaus looked at Caroline, stuck between admiriation and curiousty. He inched in, encircling her in his arms.

Caroline was shaking with both the proximity and her upcoming fate.
"Do it." She still manages to say it.

Klaus was stunned at her boldness for a second but he shook it off and bore his gaze at her.

"Who are you? Where have you come from and what're your real intentions?"

There was a slight pause as her demeanor calm down, followed by a trance. "I'm Caroline Forbes. I am from Virginia and all I want is to go back and meet my family."

Klaus was taken aback. He didn't get the answer which a part of him expected so he regretted immediately for suspecting her and biting her.

He stared her expressionless face which was of course, beautiful and innocent. He brushed off her hair, tucking it behind her ear.

The trance ended and Caroline jerked herself away from him, scared all over again. They exchanged looks, filled with emotions.

Klaus bit his wrist and spilled his blood on a glass, sliding it over to her.

She was confused.

"Drink this, it will heal you."

Caroline's felt grossed. Drinking someone's else blood never crossed her mind. No one does that. But who was she to determine when there was a whole supernatural world hiding in plain sight, and one of them being vampires prey on human.

Still unsure, she grabbed it and attempted to drink. It was just as she had thought. Gross.

However the effect of it were instant and her pain felt at ease. As soon as her agony was gone, she felt relieved.

She had no idea what was his next move but she was done with everything. No more bossing her around and if he was going to kill her then so be it. She was not going to pretend to be his pet.

Grabbing herself some snacks she made her way out of the kitchen. She expected Klaus to swoosh in and attempt another attack but only his voice reached her.

"Caroline?" He called.

"Please leave me, alone." It was more of a request. She had no appetite to even stand.

She strolled away, leaving Klaus alone, grieving in his guilt.

Hayley was perched on her impatiently when Caroline reached her home. On seeing her, she jumped out of her bed. "Caroline, how are you"? Hayley rushed to her

"I'm fine, actually, Hayley." She said in a low tone, although still surprised that Klaus let her walk away like that.

Hayley checked her neck. "It's healed."

Caroline touched her neck which was completely healed. Only a few drops of blood were left.

"Klaus fed me some of his blood. He told me it will heal me, but I never guessed it would be that instantaneous."

"Vampire blood has healing properties. It can heal any wounds in seconds." She informed her with a little smile on her face and patted her shoulders.

She returned the smile. "Thank you! I appreciate what you did in there."

"Us girls have to look out for each other."

Hearning that, Caroline couldn't keep her tears at bay. She was terrified earlier but not she was simply feeling overwhelmed by everything happening around her. She was getting use to the supernatural world but there was a voice on her head telling he she didn't belong here.

"Hey!" Hayley tried to comforted her and made her sit on the bed, carrassing her head meanwhile.

"I know you never wanted to be aprt of this life here but trust me it won't be for long."

"I don't think so." She had lost faith.

Hayley curled her lips, unable to say anything else. She herself has witnessed the bad side of Klaus and she was sure Caroline was well aware of that. The only way she put her trust in the mikealson family was Elijah. But he wasn't anywhere to find.

Hayley glanced up. "Maybe there's one way you can set yourself free."

Caroline looked at her all puzzled and curiously. "And what's that"?

"Elijah." Hayley answered her.

***

Klaus was busy shoving down the Bourbon, reminiscing when he bit Caroline and how she left him, unheard. He was so lost in his thought that he didn't realize the presence of Valentine.

"The deadliest vampire in my town. I feel completely honored to meet you, Niklaus Mikealson." Valentine greeted him and sat beside Klaus in another stool.

Klaus turned himself toward him. "Hmm, let me guess, Valentine Spence, the newbie king of New Orleans."

Valentine chuckled, assuring him his identity. "Welcome to my town."

Klaus mocked. "Your town?"

"Yes, my town because you abandoned it ages ago."

"Abandonment is not what I'd say." Klaus retaliated. "We were forced to leave this creation of ours."

"But it doesn't matter now, does it?" He offered him a fame sympathy. "Why don't you come to my home tonight. I'm throwing a party. You'll be my special guest."

"Why not? But first, I want Marcel Gerard."

"Ugh. ..this town is better without him. In fact, you and I share the same interest for the welfare of this town."

"If there's something right now we both same share interest in is Marcel. You have him and I want him." Klaus grunted.

"Oh come on." Valentine asserted. "You don't like new Orleans witches because they hate you. And werewolf, well, for you-they were just mere a pawn to create a sired hybrid army and since now you don't have any means to sire them, they're just a filthy species, lurking around the soil."

Klaus bolted up and threw the glass away he held in his hand. "I don't care about the witches or the werewolves. I don't need an army when I have a family."

"Talking about family. I met Rebekah. She is a treat to the eyes." He smiled. "But she's not the one to stick around for longer with you. It's Elijah who follows you everywhere. Where is he?"

Klaus stared. So Valentine comtinued. "Talking about family and you don't even have the best brother who is a long shot?"

"Elijah is having a great time. How about I reunite him with Marcel."

"Not a chance."

Hearing his response, Klaus snarled and stepped closer toward Valentine to torture him.

"Valentine was left unshook. "Hey, easy! Easy man! Just to your preference, You'll be wasting your energy. I didn't come unarmed. I am here to offer you my friendship. Forget about Marcel. We both can thrive in this city together. So, be with me."

"You're offering me a deal?"

"I'm offering you my friendship," Valentine answered him, emphasizing the word 'friendship'. "I know you want this city under your control. Be my guest and try it. In the end, you'll get nothing Or be with me, we will rule side by side." Valentine's word were calm while talking. Klaus keot looking, speculating him as he was offered a glass of bourbon. "So, do come tonight and bring your Blondie sister."

Klaus took the glass and Valentine swooshed out, leaving Klaus drowning in a pool of thoughts.

______________
Updated On: 25 October 2018
Thanks for reading it.
Do comment.
I'll be updating soon
- Anshika