»» Chapter 8

Jordan

·

·

·

Oh my God. That was all I thought of at the moment. That had to be one of the most mortifying things that had ever happened to me.

The warm water from the shower wasn't helping me to get rid of the thoughts. Today had been a horrible day. Not only had I gotten into a fight, I had received a detention. Then I broke down and cried in front of Harry; I was mad at myself for that, I should've stayed strong. Harry and I almost kissed, but he stopped himself. I was actually hurt by that, seeing that I had liked him for a while. I always hated to admit that because I had planned to stay mad at him for leaving, sure I hadn't forgiven him, but I had been too friendly. I even cried because of how hurt I was, I was being too emotional today. The cherry on top was when I dropped my towel; I had been too preoccupied in my thoughts that I did not notice him standing right in front of me.

It was a good thing he hadn't exactly seen me naked. That would have been worse.

He left his phone when he dropped it.

I shut off the water and grabbed my towel. I wrapped it around myself before I hopped out and grabbed Harry's phone, walking to my room. I had heard Sam talking with Harry when I closed the door, but I hadn't any idea about what.

I changed into a pair of sweats and a tank top, leaving my hair to dry naturally. I grabbed my phone - Harry's was still in my pocket - and descended the stairs. I left his on the counter and slumped into the couch, switching on the telly.

My phone vibrated and I answered the call.

"Hey, Jordan." I heard the familiar Irish accent.

"Hey, Niall. What's up?" I questioned, smiling slightly as I settled on watching football. We had exchanged numbers at Nandos and said we'd hang out sometime.

"Nothing much, I just thought I'd ring ya. How about yourself?" He chuckled.

I sighed as I rubbed my temples. If I was being honest, I was terrible. My day had ended even worse than it started.

"What's wrong, Jordan?" Niall asked, I could already see the crease in his brows. Why bore him with my problems.

"Nothing, really. Just a bit exhausted. I could use some company." I smiled.

"Is that a statement or an invitation, Brown?" He laughed on the other line.

"I don't know. That's for you to decide." I giggled.

"I'll be right over, let me just get dressed." He said, hearing movement on the other line.

I didn't question him. "Okay." I said, "see ya." I then hung up.

I heard the vibration of the phone again and I groaned. I looked down, only to find it was not mine. It went off about three more times and I got up, walking to the kitchen. It was Harry's phone.

On the caller ID, it read: 'P'. I let it ring; I didn't want to answer it. I moved back to the couch and continued to wait for Niall.

I wondered who it was; who was 'P'? Did Harry even realize his phone was missing?

The doorbell rang, pulling me from my thoughts. I stood up and walked to the door, where I suddenly stopped. Maybe I should've wore something prettier, sweats and a tank top weren't cutting it. Who am I kidding? It was just Niall.

I swung the door open, revealing a beaming Niall. He smiled and pulled me into an unexpected hug. I tensed involuntarily but returned the gesture nonetheless. "Hey, Jordan," he said gleefully as he pulled back.