Chapter 7

Tenquo City is a place where people of all breeds can walk among each other freely. There are traders who had made a living in the Zeko's capital city and then moved to the outskirts of the bird clan's territory to sell their goods to the world. It sits in between the territories of the Kitsune and the Zeko, being so close to the sophisticated fox clan has put pressure upon the people of this city as the walled off aura of the fox clan leaves dread upon Tenquo's citizens. It's a joint government system where everyone keeps the city safe.

"Finally here! I love this city!" Eren spreads his arms wide in childish delight and I smile as he explores the stalls with a weary Armin on his heels.

"Eren wait up-!"

"Hey! Watch where you're going kid!" He accidentally bangs into a tall and beefy man who looks down at him in disdain. He wears a straw hat and seems like a farmer. His cat tail and dog ears show that he is an inuyashi/neko hybrid. He has a ring with a water and ground stone fitting snugly in the silver metal.

"O-oh! I'm so sorry!" Armin bows slightly and I see the farmer smile. He ruffles Armin's hair.

"Eh, it's alright kid, just run along now ya hear?" He smiles before walking off again. I smile to myself at the surprisingly pleasant conversation before focusing on the surrounding stalls. I see one with a bunch of hand woven clothing, Tanya instantly makes a beeline for the goods and buys what looks like clothes for a whole village. She then makes her way to a stall selling backpacks and buys one to place the folded clothing in. Surprisingly all the clothes fit with extra room and she heads to a bakery stall. I walk over to her with a smile.

"You seem to be very used to these situations Tanya." I smile at her, she smiles back and nods.

"I did have to adventure to the castle during my younger days after having a baby." She explains with a chuckle, I laugh underneath my breath before looking for said 'baby'. He stands at a stall which seems to be of jewellery so I walk over in curiosity. I soon realise that it wasn't jewellery he was gazing at but elemental stones. The recognisable blue, green, red and silver ones sit on pedestals but other coloured gems sit around them. The old lady running the stall is talking to Levi who seems to be negotiating a deal.

"I can give you 50 for the water stone and that's it." The old lady declares with a smile. Levi nods before speaking up.

"Best I can go is 40 but I will also throw in a poison stone fragment for this stone." Her eyes light up and she nods happily.

"Deal!" He hands her the money and a small chip of purple rock before retrieving the water stone.

"There are more than 4 elemental stones...?" I ask her after Levi finishes with his purchase, he jumps slightly and I see a small blush appear on his cheeks.

"Why yes honey there are! Only the 4 elements are known to many people but there are many more stones to collect. Ever wonder why your bracelet has more than four gem slots?" I glance to my wrist and nod in shock.

"That's amazing." I mutter before she interrupts my thoughts again with her wisdom.

"There are over a hundred different elements, that's why some people change their jewellery for something that can hold more stones." I nod before smiling.

"Thank you, I would have never known!" She smiles and nods in reply as I bid my farewells and leave. Levi walks by my side and clears his throat. I turn to him and catch my gaze with his.

"Here." He grabs my wrist and slots the shining blue stone into my bracelet.

"Wha-" He glares at me in order to stop my questions but I ignore him. "Why did you...?"

"To apologise, I'm not good with my words." He growls out the last part and his ears flatten as he looks down to the ground. I blush and smile to myself as I also look down. I remember that Levi already had a blue gemstone in his necklace making the gift all the more special.