Chapter 6

As I walk I start to hear quick footsteps run around near me. I turn and see nothing but I growl angrily at the footsteps anyways. I can tell that it isn't Kitsune, as Kitsune are quiet. These footsteps are quite loud and heavy. I turn back around only to bang into a strong chest. I fall backwards slightly and rub my nose, feeling a nosebleed coming on.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I hear a familiar voice shout out as I'm helped up, he pats my down and gets the dust off of my clothes before looking at me. I see the familiar teal eyes and my ears perk up.

"Eren...?" I mutter, my voice sounding nasally as I clutch my nose. His eyes widen and I see his tail wag.

"Miss (Y/N)! It's great to see you again!" He smiles and I nod slightly.

"What are you doing here Eren?"

"Well this used to be my home, however the guards managed to follow me and they..." he pauses for a second, his face turning sad. "They killed everyone in the village including my mother. All that's left here are my friends Mikasa and Armin." I feel my ears flatten slightly and I remove my hand from my nose to wipe the rest of the blood that had managed to crust over.

"I'm so sorry..." I mumble before glancing around. "So you have friends here?" I ask him quietly.

"Yes, Mikasa and Armin. This was a mixed community so Armin is part Zeko part Inuyashi. His parents had died when he was younger and his grandfather died during the attack. Mikasa's parents were both purebred neko's so they were killed during an attempt to kidnap and sell the whole family. Now Mikasa lives with me as my sister." I nod at the history between him and his friends as I notice 2 extra pairs of eyes in the forest.

"Is that them over their?" I point towards the bushes and I see their eyes widen. He nods before calling them over. A blonde boy walks over with a long golden tail and a pair of large wings. His eyes are wide like an owl and he quickly bows before me. I gasp slightly. "Wait. No, please get up." I try to urge him up quickly in embarrassment. A girl then walks towards me with longish black hair and a red scarf, she has a long thin tail and pointy ears which are both black, her eyes are sharp like a cats. She nods to me and I nod back with a smile.

"Ok so... Mikasa, Armin, this is (Y/N) the one who saved my life." He gestures to me and their eyes widen as they turn to me.

"Y-you saved Eren? Even though you are a Kitsune?!" Armin gasps out in shock, I smile and nod.

"Thank you." Mikasa speaks softly before they stand in silence. Then Armin notices the thick book I had been holding.

"What book is that?" He asks me, I lift it up to gaze at it with a smile.

"It was gifted to me not too long ago. I'm studying the elemental gemstones you see and this book holds all of the lore, locations and methods to use each gemstone.

"Wow! That's really cool!" Armin smiles and I hold the book out to him.

"Want to take a look?" He carefully takes the leather bound book from my hands and runs his fingers over the intricate brass lining. He opens it in wonder and sits on a nearby log to read.

"So how many gemstones do you currently have?" Eren asks me, I show him my bracelet holding the single fire gem.

"Only one right now but I'm wanting to collect more, however I've never understood why there are more than four gem slots. Eren shrugs and Armin stands up to return to me my book.

"The writing style is very intricate, who gifted this to you?"

"Oi, brat." I hear from behind me and I turn to catch my eyes with that of Levi's. I don't speak with words, instead I just glare to show him that I had not yet forgotten what he had said about my race. He sighs in annoyance as he walks up to me.

"Look, I didn't mean what I said about you being a cheat." He speaks before I hear a small whisper from nearby bushes that belongs to Tanya.

"Remember to tell her that you're sorry." She whispers loudly and I fight back a smile.

"I'm... sorry." He mutters the last part quietly and I don't quite understand what he had said.

"You're what...?" I ask in confusion and he glares at me.

"Don't glare at her that's not how you say sorry you stupid child!" I hear Tanya whisper-shout from her bush. He growls and his gaze softens to a scowl.

"I'm sorry." He declares and I smile slightly.

"Hi Tanya." I speak as I look into his eyes with a devious smirk. I turn around and walk up to Armin after I hear Tanya's last mutter.

"Shit!" I laugh at her crudeness and watch her climb out of the bush she had hidden in and walk up to Levi. He watches her as she walks up to the towering man before hitting him upside the head.

"Tch, what was that for?!" He glares at her and she crosses her arms to accompany her glare as she returns it back intensely.

"You just made a big fuckery of that didn't you!" She shouts causing me to chuckle underneath my breath.

"Who's that?" Eren asks from behind me. I turn and smile at him.

"The woman is called Tanya and that's her son Levi standing next to her." I inform before sitting next to Armin on a fallen tree. Levi walks up to me and sits next to me on the log.

"So what are your plans?" He asks me, I tilt my head in confusion and he sighs. "I mean what do you want to do now that you aren't in the safety of the castle?"

"I don't know... Explore I guess..." I look down at the ground and sigh at the gravity of this situation.

"How about you all join us in adventuring to Tenquo City?" Eren speaks up with a smile, my ears prick up and I nod. Tenquo city is a place full of cross breeds, a merchants area full of trading and economy. Tanya nods and Levi begrudgingly agrees as well. Then our plans changed to traveling to Tenquo.