Chapter 5

After the accusations from my mother I turn and glare at the scarecrow before creating another flame and punching it straight in it's face. Sending hay everywhere. I hear Levi 'Tch' slightly and I turn to him to see slightly burnt hay sitting in his hair. I smile slightly before walking over to him.

"You have a little something in your hair..." I reach down and take some of the strands out as he sits and glares at me from the bushes. "You can glare at me all you want but when you are the one crouching in brambles I'm not going to take you seriously." He growls before pushing away my hands making me laugh. I sit next to the bush and tilt my head slightly. "Levi?" I whisper slightly.

"What?" He grunts before staying silent again.

"Why are you hanging around here?" I ask him in confusion, I feel his eyes on me.

"I need to bring my mother home, but she's too stubborn to come with me." He mutters with a harsh tone.

"What's so important for her to have to come with you?" I ask him again, trying to get a genuine answer except from fact.

"Why do you care brat? If she stays here she will die by the hands of the royals." I nod before standing up. I decide to go back to my room with the book and have a shower, after I'm cleaned up and dried I start walking through the corridors. The maids seem to be in a hurry and I stop one of them as they pass.

"What's happening?"

"O-one of the maids is suspected of treason milady!" She squeaks before heading to the throne room. I feel my heartbeat quicken as I follow and burst through the doors. My mother glares at me from her throne and I see all of the castle maids standing in a row. However I don't see any halfbreeds or strange looking people among them. All of them are pure bred Kitsune.

"What's the meaning of this mother? Executing our staff for some sick game?" I growl out and walk forward the line of maids part in the middle to let me through to the Queen.

"A maid here has committed treason. I am in my right mind to kill her!" She barks back in anger, I turn around and glance at all of the women. I see a few recognisable faces like Krista and... Tanya. She catches my gaze and smiles sadly. I turn around whilst growling softly to glare at my mother again.

"And who, oh mighty great one, has committed this treason?!"

"Tanya Chase." I feel my emotions waver but I don't turn around.

"What has she done mother?" I snarl out in anger.

"She has had a child with an inuyashi." The maids gasp behind me and I stand up straight.

"What age is this 'child' mother?" I ask her softly, she raises her nose towards me and growls.

"19 years old."

"When did you build the walls to keep out the other clans?"

"...17 years ago." She grumbles out with a sharp tone so angered that if it was a sword it would cut right through my thoughts.

"So is it treason if she had the child BEFORE the new laws?" I ask her, putting pressure of the word 'before' in order to express it's significance.

"She has been communicating with her child. This is illegal!"

"She was sending messages about her day to her son mother! There's nothing wrong with that!" I shout back, she waves her hand and looks at me with an evil smile.

"Kill her." She barks out. I freeze and turn towards Tanya who was getting approached my guards. I act quickly and run towards her, I grab her hand and drag her off.

"Get them!" I hear my mother shout before the doors this closed, I run upstairs to my room and grab the book before opening my window.

"Tanya I need you to jump!" I watch her as she pales slightly and slowly walks up to the window in fear. I help her out before following her. She watches as I carefully climb down the castle and follows my moves. As I land on the ground I look around and see Levi sitting in his tree. He hadn't been alerted yet. Tanya lands next to me and I nod in her direction. "Levi! Come on!" I shout causing him to jump slightly and turn to us. He sees his mother and jumps off of his tree. I start running, holding Tanya's arm as I get to a hole in one of the brick walls, I climb under and help Tanya through before Levi follows in confusion. I force them both to run forward as we soon are met with old ruins of a town. I bend down and rest my hands on my knees to breath.

"What the fuck happened?!" Levi barks out, glaring straight at me. I stand and glare at him.

"What do you mean what happened?! We were getting chased!"

"And why were you and my mother getting chased?!" He growls out as he stalks over.

"She was going to be killed if I didn't save her from my mother!" I shout back. His glare deepens.

"You told her didn't you... Just so you can play hero!" His deep voice raises in volume causing me to watch in horror as he stands over me.

"Why the hell would I do that?!" I bark back, my voice wavering under his critical gaze.

"You just wanted to play good guy. I can tell with your cheating ways!"

"And why is it that I am a lying bitch?!"

"Because you are a Kitsune!" I freeze. He turns around sharply and walks over to his mother who had been watching the ordeal quietly. I turn around and walk off through the ruins.

"Miss (Y/N) where are you going?!" I hear Tanya shout but I don't turn around to see her face.

"I'm leaving Tanya! I don't want to taint you and your son with my cheating blood!" I growl.