Chapter XXXII: Uninvited Guests

SONG OF POWER

CHAPTER XXXII: UNINVITED GUESTS

Everything was silver and purple. Rowena leaned back from kissing and ran her fingers through Ninthalsaya’s purple hair. She guided the human’s hand to the lacing of her corset, and Rowena’s young fingers nimbly set to work, freeing the half-sidhe’s bosoms from their bondage. Ninthalsaya’s eyes glittered with want, causing every inch of Rowena’s youthful body to ache with carnal need. The witch grinned, her lips curling back to reveal fangs. She tore off her veil and like a predator she pounced on Rowena, howling like a beast as two became one…

“Whoa!” Rowena sat bolt upright, surfacing from slumber into the predawn hour. She sat still for a few moments in the massive bed with her spouses, chest heaving, heart pounding, for the dream felt so very real. At length she carefully scooted past a cluster of legs to the foot of the bed, and she sighed when her bare feet touched the marble floor. Rowena glided soundlessly across the floor to a door at the other end of the bedchamber, behind which was Rowena’s personal shrine to Lilicule, Risen Goddess of Love. Though she was faithful to all seven of the Risen Gods, Rowena’s calling was to serve Lilicule.

“How fitting,” she whispered to herself. “I am a cleric of Lady Love, and I am able to share my love with such extraordinary company.” Rowena glanced fondly over her shoulder at her sleeping spouses, then knelt before the altar in prayer. She wore nothing, baring herself body and soul to her goddess.

“I pray to thee,O Goddess Lilicule,

make my love for Cipher, Ninthalsaya, and Tyroce

strong and true.

Let it be.”

Rowena then saw to her morning routine, dressing in the lovely enchanted gown that Tyroce had given her. She made an offering of incense at her shrine, all the while humming softly to herself. The moon and sun cordially switched places, and the room began to fill with gentle illumination. Rowena was purely happy, the sort of happiness she had read about in books, but that few ever truly achieved. Her simple existence was cause for thanks and celebration.

“Awake so soon?” whispered Ninthalsaya as her arms encircled her smaller spouse from behind. She held Rowena tightly to her, so much so that warmth flooded both women. “I thought that, after the things we did last night, you would be the last to rise.”

A blushing Rowena leaned her head back on Ninthalsaya’s shoulder, the flowery scent of that purple hair filling her nostrils. Funny, I never noticed how wonderful she smells, thought Rowena. Then her dream came back to her.

“Tomorrow is an important d-d-day,” Rowena said. “I w-w-wanted to offer praise to Lilicule.”

“We are of a similar mind, my little love,” Ninthalsaya said with uncharacteristic fondness. “I am planning to go into the grove beyond the Pyretary and commune with Gaia this evening.”

“It must be d-d-difficult to follow a goddess who is no more,” said Rowena sadly. “The faith of the sidhe is deep and true.”

“Gaia has not gone,” Ninthalsaya corrected her wife gently. The half-elf’s fingers absently traced sylvan letters across Rowena’s tummy.

“W-w-we are taught that Gaia sacrificed her essence to protect Gaea from the other gods, to end the w-w-war. Gaia created the True World and left the sidhe behind as caretakers.”

Ninthalsaya sighed and gently turned her little wife to face her. The half-sidhe’s hair was wild, and her nudity gave her an almost feral look. Rowena was overcome with want as her eyes drank in the Uwodu U’nu-La’s perfect physique, a manifestation of Gaia’s once power.