Home

"You sure you are okay," Ian wanted a firm reassurance from his friend. She had been so quiet during most of the flight to Wyoming that it was really worrying both of them. She would always have something witty to remark but she would only smile softly, and keep going. Since their flight got detained in London until the next morning, they ended up staying the night at Kent's country estate. The boys really seemed to hit it off but Blake just kept a friendly chatter with Rylan. He was very sweet to be honest, this is where Rowan got his soft side from. Obviously not Kent, more likely Rowan picked up his mature side from Kent, the more aggressive side. Finally, they found themselves on a direct flight from London to Wyoming.

"Yeah, stop worrying about me," she laughed, scratching Duke's head. "Just tired, haven't been in a rush like that in a long time."

Ian shut his laptop, rubbing his chin, watching the flight attendant walk down the aisle with drinks. He really wanted something but when he felt Blake's head plop on his shoulder as a pillow, he turned to see her. With Nolan's expression, he just knew that something went really wrong in that office with Atkinson. Wrapping his arm around her, he raised his chin in the air, trying to get the flight attendant's attention.

Blake grabbed Nolan's wrist with a smile, looking out at the dark night through the small little window.

"Thanks for bringing us home," Nolan turned around. "Tell Mandidal we owe him one."

Rowan smiled at the sound of his friend's name, but shocked to find out how did he know? Blake had to get the smart's from someone and to the looks of it, it was both men.

"Well, since you guys let us stay the night at your house, you guys can stay here, at least until you leave tomorrow evening," Blake smiled. "Nolan knows of a place you guys can eat here in town. I need to run to the shop real quick, I will meet up with you guys in a bit."

"Okay then," Nolan pointed to Ian's SUV, leading them to it. Rowan, in return, glanced back at the woman who had been ignoring him, but keeping small talk just to be polite. He hated the relationship they had now, but whatever he tried to say to fix it, she would just get up and leave. "Rowan? You coming?"

"Yeah," he tucked his hands into his light sweater pockets, shuffling for the car.

Blake, inhaled a shaky breath, seeing her shop in her midst. Duke whined softly, looking up at her trembling left hand. Grabbing it, she made her way inside, closing the door behind her. No one was inside, which surprised her honestly. Nothing was in there, everything was in place, but she knew someone had been in here.

"What," she asked, looking around her shop.

"I- no," Rowan laughed, holding the lager to his lips. "I mean I could say that I haven't gone to Portugal yet. Kent has a friend up there, now that I think about it."

"You actually went snowboarding in Zurich," Ian shockingly questioned. "That's what I've always wanted to do."

"Well, hopefully we can go, they have the best powder," Rowan winked playfully. Raleigh came up behind Kent, with a smile on his face. Not many of their friends ever happen to stop here.

"Howdy," Raleigh chuckled. "Raleigh, you fellas?"

"Oh sorry," Nolan wiped the foam off his lips. "This is Rowan, Kent and Rylan. You came for dinner?"

The restaurant, looked full being a Friday night, probably because it was the only restaurant here.

"Boys, please tell me you are behaving yourselves, you actually have friends over," Elena winked. "How you like the food?"

"Delicious," Rylan thanked her. "Thank you!"

"Good," Elena looked at the small group. "Where is my Rusty?"

"At the shop," Nolan glanced up at her. Elena was surprised to not see her sitting here with them. "She should be here in a bit."

"Oh come on," she pulled at a box in her storage room. It was much more heavier than she anticipated because when she pulled it off, it came crashing on her head. Hissing, she grabbed her forehead, looking down at the car engine fan. "Oh, you out to attack me too? Well then."

"She came home," Ian replied. "Looks like she wasn't hungry."

"Why am I even here? She doesn't want me near her," Rowan hissed at Kent. Giving him a disapproving glare, Kent leaned forward.

"It's called being nice, if you can't learn that, then I will show you," Kent pointed. Not wanting to strike up any further argument, Rowan leaned back. Ian, settled them down into the guest room so they could turn in for the night. Rowan saw the stairs that lead up to the second floor, which was her room.

The next morning, Rowan was making a fresh pot of coffee when he heard the front door open. Duke rushed in, shaking his fur, trotting over to let himself be petted by Rowan. Turning, he saw Blake with his back turned to him, trying to take off her boots. She wore her blue sleeveless vest, and her favorite flannel shirt and obviously her working jeans.

"I made some coffee," Rowan pointed out. Blake faced him. Rowan's eyes widened as he stepped forward. "What did you do?"

"Hit my head, and apparently my eye," Blake shook her head. "I'm fine."

"With what," he stared at her black eye. "A hammer? Let me take a look at that."

"I alr-," Blake protested. Rowan's stern glare made her realize it would be better if she'd shut up and let him do what he told her to. So, giving in, she sat down on the chair as Rowan gently pressed the bruise. Hissing softly, Blake gazed at his green eyes. "Car fan."

"Car fan did this to you? How heavy was it," Rowan muttered. "The cut hasn't even closed, what did you do to it?"

"I didn't even know I had it like this until this morning," Blake stated. It was true. When she came back from the shop, she just went straight to bed. She didn't notice it until the morning, when she went out to do her chores. So Rowan took it upon himself to get that thing cleaned up and through the process of cleaning it, he realized how much Blake really didn't like that stuff.

"Stop moving," Rowan breathed.

"It hurts!"

"Stop being such a baby! There, I'm done," Rowan pulled back. He grabbed the cup of coffee from the counter, setting it in front of her. Taking a sip, she noticed how Rowan knew exactly how she liked her coffee. Must have been from that long car trip. Looking up at him, Blake's blue eyes became soft. "Don't worry, I will be out of your hair later today."

"Right," she looked down at her mug of coffee. "Back to normal."

"Yeah," he watched the ripples in his coffee, before walking back into the living room. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him sit down on her sofa, grabbing the morning paper. Sighing, Blake just took another sip of her coffee.

She spent most of her morning working at her shop where she hardly seemed to have anyone. The most extensive work she did was an oil change and that was it. She found herself doing inventory until late afternoon, until Rylan and Kent came to say their farewells. Rowan just faked a grin, shaking her hand and walking out. Ian and Nolan wanted to take them out for a final dinner which Blake declined due to her "very busy work schedule."

Blake was standing in her storage room when the sirens came wailing up the front of the shop. Stepping out, she saw the Chief with Raleigh by his side.

"Hey, what's goin' on," she demanded. With an unsteady gaze, the Chief cleared his throat.

"Blake, we have a warrant to search the place."

"Okay? Can I know why?"