Move

"How did you know the man was lying," Ian leaned towards Kent. The professor grinned, skimming over his reading glasses. At the moment, they found themselves in Greece, trying to book a flight to Instabul but they got stuck with a train. At the moment, they were driving for the train station for their departure.

"When people lie, they tend to stretch words out, such as, can not or I did not. That is a really big give away if you ask me," Kent grumbled. Nolan took this chance to talk to Rylan.

"So what exactly is Rowan's job," Nolan leaned forward to talk to the driving man. Throwing his head back slightly, Rylan made a face.

"A journalist."

"So a story chaser? What exact story was he chasing this time?"

"A friend of ours from India has had two shipments of gold, hijacked. We didn't know anything until Rowan found a briefcase with a half sheet, with a cryptogram on it. He managed to solve what was on it but it happened to be incomplete. The Orion was our best shot, a boat. So Rowan must have snuck out to try to meet up with that ship when they caught him," Rylan nodded. "Then more likely, your friend must be a very friendly woman, going after him to save him."

"She's bad that way," Nolan smirked. "Gets us into all sorts of mess."

"Sounds like our Rowan," Kent rolled his eyes. "Oh that kid is going to be the death of me. You know that one time he made us travel to Hong Kong because a friend of his needed help solving a case of the missing chip?"

"A chip," Ian laughed.

"Turned out it had millions of dollars worth of information," Rylan whistled. "So most of the times, we try to take him seriously. Except for the India trip, he went alone on that one. Bad idea but he did."

"So I guess we aren't the only ones," Nolan chuckled, feeling Ian nudge him in agreement. "Blake made us go to Alaska because her friend needed a good mechanic to fix her snowmobile for long travel, to find- what was it?"

"A small worthless artifact that went down in a ship," Ian rubbed his forehead in frustration. "I promise you, Nolan has gone to therapy because of her."

Both men laughed, glancing at one another.

"Look, take it this way," Rylan watched them through the rear view mirror. "You are never bored."

"Well, that leaves it," Blake pulled at her light sweater, brushing off the grass and leaves from it. Rowan wasn't sure what she was getting at, since she had been talking to herself for a while now. He was starting to know her an her strange antics, like for example now, she's talking to herself meaning she was thinking about something.

"What," he finally decided to ask her. Blankly, she looked up at him. "At least when I'm thinking I tell you- I mean eventually but I do tell you."

"You are telling me that Reynolds is part of the operation, as is Atkinson, guy who we have been putting off for a while. Wallace is just the transportation right?"

"Yeah, Reynolds has been a step ahead of us the entire time and Atkinson hasn't even been heard of and Atkinson is a car part producer- he has been producing the gold car parts!"

"Reynolds must have been keeping track your friend from India for a while, knowing when the shipment would come in."

"Wallace takes the crates to the warehouse where they move them to- Germany," Rowan asked. "But why? Why is he molding car parts into gold?"

"Now those are the good questions," Blake bit her thumbnail. "I wish I knew."

Duke barked at her, trying to get her attention. Rowan turned to put his coat over her, walking with his arm over her shoulders towards the cars waiting for them.

"We need to split those two up," Reynolds snapped, towering down on Wallace. "You happen to put the two smartest people I know together!"

"I did? I'm sorry but was it my idea to split the sheets of paper showing exactly when our next shipment was going to be?"

"We had no other choice. How else were we suppose to tell them about the shipment? They had to meet up-."

"Sir, I'd say nothing if I were you," Wallace rubbed his head.

"We are- where," Nolan scrunched his nose. Ian rolled his eyes, handing Nolan a brochure that had Instabul, Turkey written across from it. "She's here?"

"Well this is where the Orion was last spotted so, it is our best guess," Rylan tucked his phone into his back pocket. "Come along Kent, here we go again."

"Oh, that kid is going to be the death of me," Kent groaned, getting out of the train seat he had been sitting on for the longest time.

"Actually," Ian laughed nervously. The three men looked back at the tallest man. "She left."

"Excuse me," Kent snapped. "Do not tell me those last hours on that train were for nothing?!"

"I forgot I had a tracking chip in her phone," Ian scratched the back of his neck. "Looks like our friends are on their way north. I don't know where but they are on the move. If we want to intersect them - at the route they are headed- our best guess is to get them is in Budapest. I got some plane tickets there right now, had to pull of some tricks but I got it."

"You couldn't have done that earlier," Kent exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. He was marching for the sidewalk, trying to get a taxi. Rylan, ignoring him, turned to Ian.

"Where are they right now?"

"Uh, Bulgaria, if we leave now we should get to Budapest in less than two hours or so ahead of them. It is a thirteen hour drive for them if they don't stop-."

"You sure," Nolan raised an eyebrow.

"Come on! When have my calculations ever been wrong?"

"Well..."

"Oh shut up! That was one time!"

"If Blake drives- make that eleven," Nolan corrected him. Ian forgot to factor in that part but he simply wanted to get to Budapest quicker by getting the best route he could.  Pulling his lips into a thin line, he raised his eyebrows trying to hide the fact that he was wrong. Again.

Several Hours Later
"This is your best route," Nolan glared at Ian, who sat sheepishly in between them. "We are stinkin' stuck in Romania! Romania! We are off course!"

"We don't even know where they are going," Kent left them alone to grumble to himself.

"Ian," Nolan grabbed his forearm in surprise. "Where does Blake get her car parts?"

Rylan was intrigued at how much these two men knew that woman who wasn't even blood kin. He had to admit he hadn't seen people like that in a while, besides themselves.

"Ger-Germany," Ian snapped his fingers. "Nürnberg, Germany from William Atkinson. You can't seriously believe that she will come all this way to find her missing car parts?"

"You do her books, you tell me if it's worth it?"

"She lost nearly fifteen thousand on car parts alone. I guess she would be crazy enough, wouldn't she? So if we are correct, it would take her twenty hours to get from Instabul to Germany. We just might be able to meet up with them in time if this layover doesn't get to us first."