"You got that right. What do we know about Sgt. Miller so far?"

Lisa bit the inside of her cheek. "Brutal, dirty cop who took off before Internal Affairs nailed his ass."

"And?" Jin waited expectantly.

"Nothing. Zippo. Nada. The guy simply vanished from the face of the Earth."

"Ah, but he didn't vanish." Jin clicked his tongue. "All the records about him became classified. That's why we couldn't find anything at all."

"How do you know that?"

"I have my sources," Jin beamed.

"Right, the ex-girlfriend that works in the DA office." Lisa chaffed. "I forgot about her."

"You'd better." He narrowed his gaze threateningly. "Anyway, the thing is, despite the fact of being technically unemployed for twelve years, it seems that Miller keeps a high-standard life style. Now, the real question is—"

"How can he afford it?"

"Exactly," Jin tapped his forehead and winked at her. "According to my sources, Miller dines once a month in a very elegant restaurant downtown." Jin kept his voice down. "I have a hunch that those dinners are somehow connected to the source of his money."

"He's been watched?" Lisa lifted a very suspicious eyebrow.

"Well, you said it yourself. Internal Affairs was about to nail his ass. There's no way they would let the son of bitch slip through their fingers." Jin leaned closer. "I.A. has been keeping a diligent eye on Miller for quite some time now. Our case just crossed paths with theirs—"

Lisa narrowed her gaze sensing there was a catch to come. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

"Captain Bennett settled an agreement for cooperation."

"What? No way!"

"Shh!" Jin motioned for her to lower her voice.

"You know damn well that cooperation with I.A. means us telling them everything we know while they keep us in the dark about the most important facts of the investigation."

"Cooperation is better than them taking the case away from us. Besides we have to tell them everything we officially know about the case." He shot her a knowing look before straitening his body. "And officially, we don't know too much. Besides," Jin pointed first to himself and then to Lisa. "We get a free dinner in a fancy restaurant."

"Fine, at least we'll get something out of working with them," Lisa grunted not the least bit happy with this new turn of events.

"Great!" Jin slapped his thigh and stood up. "And like I said, it's a fancy restaurant, so that means we got dress up." He turned and looked directly at Lisa. "That means emphasis on the word 'dress' for you."

"Not a chance." Lisa snapped. "I've had my share of dressing up with high heels when I was undercover playing a hooker. Besides, my fishnet stockings have a hole in them from the last time you suckered me into doing that."

"Well, if you wouldn't have tackled the John after he waved that twenty in your face."

"Hey, I'm worth more than that."

Jin smiled taking in his partner's defiant stance. "Yeah, you're right. I'd have offered you at least twenty-five."

"Twenty-five? Is that all?"

"What can I say? I'm not turned on by fishnet."

"Is that so?" Lisa raised an eyebrow in defiance.