Meeting Shoyo. (Kenma)

Message from Shoyo: I'm here... Meet me out front.

I smiled faintly as I started making my way out front. I couldn't help but overthink as I walked.
Sure... Shoyo's nice... but what if he's just acting like he likes me? What if he doesn't actually care? He is my assigned soulmate, sure, but still... what if we just aren't cut out for this?
"Kenma!" His voice snapped me out of it. I cracked a smile and approached the redhead.
"Uh... hey.. Shoyo.." I glanced at the ground, a bit nervous to look him in the eye.
Hinata just pulled me into a hug. "Hi!"
I had to take a moment to process what was happening. Why is he being so nice to me? What did I do to deserve this affection?
"So what do you wanna do?" Shoyo tilted his head in curiosity, gazing at me.
"Well um... We can..." come on Kenma. Just suggest something. "We can.... Uh... Have you eaten yet? There are a few places here that aren't that bad..." I asked, mentally slapping myself for how freaking awkward I sounded.
"I haven't eaten yet... that sounds good" Shoyo said with a cute chuckle.
I nodded a bit and lead the way, Shoyo following close behind me.
"So... how have things been at your school?" I decided to ask.
"Well... My team captain and his partner are fighting... because of that, the whole team is kinda on edge..."
I frowned. "That... kinda sucks. Sorry to hear that..."
"It's not like you could have stopped it. I just hope that it all blows over soon."
"Me too then..." I smiled faintly and held the door open for the redhead.
"So Kenma... your friend.. Kuroo right?"
"What about him?"
"I'm just curious... has he met his soulmate yet?"
"Oh yeah. Kuroo met him at a volleyball game.. They only recognized each other because Kuroo biffed it and got a huge bruise from it."  

Shoyo didn't seem to know what to say to me after that. We walked in silence until we got to the array of different fast food places.

"I'll buy so don't worry about what's cheaper..." I mumbled.

"No, Kenma, It's fine! I can pay!"
"You already drove all the way here..."
"Well... psycho driver Saeko drove me here but..."
"I said don't worry about it..." I got in line and smiled softly at Shoyo, who returned it with his adorable bright one.

Once we had food, I sat across from Shoyo and looked around at other people.
Most of them are soulmate pairs...

"Hey Shoyo? Can I ask you something?"
He looked up at me and nodded. "Of course..."
"I was wondering... if we could keep things like this for now? I know we're soulmates and all but... we should get to know each other... it seems more natural for that to happen without rushing into a relationship..."
Shoyo stayed silent for a minute. "Yeah.. I agree... that's probably best for everyone!" I expected him to be annoyed with me... yet he looked as if a huge weight had just been taken off of his shoulders.