Part 11

I woke up to see Connie asleep right next to me. The whole barn smelt like bacon and pancakes as the gems were preparing breakfast. 

"Good morning Steven," Connie mumbled. She slowly sat up. 

"Good morning," The gems called. I quickly stood up and offered Connie my hand to help her get up.

"Good morning guys," I responded.  I walked to the makeshift table and sat down. Then I realized that I couldn't really eat without a digestive system. Quickly I tried to shapeshift one and luckily I was able to form one. I was surprised how quickly I was able to use my powers.

"Here you two go," Garnet said as she handed us two stacks of pancakes with bacon and syrup. I started to eat the pancakes as I notice that there was no taste to the food. Darn, I forgot the tastebuds as I had the mush of pancakes in my mouth. I quickly formed tastebuds in my mouth so this wouldn't be torture.  I think I figured out why Pearl hated food. Food is absolutely disgusting without taste.

"How is it?" Pearl asked. 

"It's amazing!" Connie and I replied. I wondered how long I should wait until I tell them all that I'm no longer human.

"So, guys what happened with the conflict at the school? How did I get here?" I questioned. 

"Steven we knocked all of the people harming us out. We then made our escape. They will probably call for backup from the state police or worse the government. We hope that they sustained enough damage that they will not think of searching for us," Garnet responded. 

"So does Dad know?" I asked.

"Yes, Greg knows. We called him on your cell phone and told him we are in hiding. But, he doesn't know about what happened to you. I figured it would be easier for you to tell him when we are no longer in danger," Connie replied. I really wondered how long we would have to wait in hiding.