"Will do, Em, thank you," she spoke.

Ember smiled back at her before the smile slowly started to fade, "You know I think Kade's anniversary is coming back around, I can't be sure because we really don't know what the date is since Venable won't tell us, but I'm getting that off-put feeling like I normally do when it rolls around, and not like the off-put feeling we get when Langdon's around." she spoke in a low tone, her gaze averting to the floor.

"Oh Ember," Saoirse walked forward to wrap her best friend in a hug, "You're not still blaming yourself for his death are you? You know for a fact it wasn't your fault Ember, even Delia said you couldn't have prevented what happened."

"I know, Sirsh, it's just, I thought it would get easier to cope with as the years went by, but it just gets harder," Ember answered in a somber tone.

Flashback

New Orleans, Louisiana
Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Women

"When's he gonna get here, Em?" An impatient 16 year old Saoirse asked her best friend, who was busy straightening her short strawberry blonde hair.

"Soon, Saoirse," the girl groaned, almost regretting inviting her boyfriend over to meet her best friend, but once Ember had told Saoirse about Kade, Saoirse had been dying to meet the boy.

"So wait, let me get this straight," Saoirse laid on her stomach on Ember's bed with her head propped on her hands, "You were reading a spell book in the park, and he comes up to you and comments saying the book looks interesting, you tell him the damn thing is Latin poetry that you enjoy reading, but you suck at reciting it. He insists he can read it perfectly, so he looks at the book and recites one of the spells flawlessly and then-"

"And then we tell each other we could sense each others energy. I'm a witch, he's a warlock, no need to complicate it, Sirsh," Ember turned to look at the brunette who was smirking back at her, "Don't give me that look Saoirse."

"What look?" Sirsh raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

"That smirk that says 'you're an inexperienced virgin and you're not as in love as you think you are', I really like him Saoirse, like a lot, and it's not like you have much experience in this field anyways," Ember narrowed her eyes.

"Well..." Saoirse smiled.

"Don't tell me you've stooped down to Madison's level."

Saoirse looked offended, "I don't get on my knees for anything that has a dick and breathes, thank you." she sat up, "I did however mess around with a guy that I met at the Vinyl Shop on 22nd street named Derek."

"Define mess around," Ember looked at Saoirse with a smirk.

"Do you want the PG or the NC-17 version?" Saoirse chuckled, "I had sex with him a time or two, but that was it and he's the only guy I've been with, but then he went off to college in New York and we called it quits, no hard feelings."

"Nice," Ember laughed before turning back to the vanity she stood at. The girl glanced at the clock on the surface where her brush and a few cosmetic products lay, "We should probably head down, Kade will probably be here any minute."

The two girls left Ember's room and headed down the main staircase that lead to the Foyer.

"You know it's convenient that you invited him over on a day Delia's out," Saoirse commented.

"That's exactly why I invited him over today, I'm not ready to tell Cordelia about him yet."

"Fair enough," Saoirse shrugged as they made it to the bottom of the staircase.