Part 1

Ethan's POV

The class were laughing non stop! I didn't know what to do. I just stood still in front of everyone. The teacher had asked me to read out a poem that we were analysing in class. He was an asshole! He knew I was dyslexic and couldn't read it but he just wanted to see me struggle and laugh at me.

I looked over at Grayson (my twin brother) to see him crying with laughter. When I saw him laughing at me I ran out of the classroom, into the bathroom. I sat in one of the stalls and broke down in tears. Everybody else picking on me didn't bother me as much as seeing my own brother making fun of me. I couldn't help my dyslexia, but I hated it. I hated my stupid brain. Having not only dyslexia but also ADHD made me the laughing stock at school. It was painful seeing everyone avoid you and laughing at you. A while ago I had an extremely hard time. I would cry myself to sleep almost every night and I had nobody to talk to about it. I thought that the only way to get rid of the pain was to harm myself. It helped... for a little bit. But then I just started to crumble again, so I did it again and again. Cutting my legs from my thighs to just above my ankles. I didn't cut too deep as I didn't want anyone to know about it. As things started to progress a little, I stopped and I haven't done it ever since.

Luckily I had a lunch break at 12:20. It was 12:15. When the bell finally rang, I made my way to the back of the field, sitting alone as I always did. I popped in my headphones and listened to Shawn Mendes. I didn't eat at school, it made me feel awkward. So while everyone else was in the hall having lunch, I sat outside.

Grayson's POV

I felt bad for laughing at Ethan, but I'm sorry it was kinda funny. At lunch I sat with my friends, I noticed Ethan sitting alone but I was too distracted by my friends to think about it too much. After school, I got in my car and drove home. When I arrived home, I saw Ethan sitting on the couch. When I went to go sit next to him, he glared up at me and quickly went up to his room. I guess he was annoyed with me for laughing at him.

Ethan's POV

I was frustrated with Grayson, he knew I was so self conscious about my disorder but he clearly didn't cared. Although I was mad at him, I felt guilty for storming out of the living room. So I went downstairs to apologise hoping he would do the same. He was sat on the couch watching YouTube on his laptop.
"Hey Gray," I smiled "Sorry for walking out earlier"
"Hey E, it's okay. I understand why your angry with me," he said "Sorry for laughing earlier"
"It's okay," I said hugging him. He hugged back tightly. I missed this, me and Gray used to be inseparable but when we moved to high school we just drifted apart. Him becoming much more popular than me.
"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked. I nodded.
We sat down and watched White Chicks on his laptop. I slowly fell asleep with my head on Grayson's shoulder.

*dream*

I was sitting on my bed, playing on my phone. Then someone came in and pecked my lips, I looked up and saw it was Grayson. He sat next to me, his hazel eyes glittering and his brown hair shiny because he had just got out of the shower. He hugged me for a while when suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my ribs. I grabbed my side in pain and saw thick blood oozing out of a huge cut on my body. Grayson had stabbed me. I looked up helplessly at him, while he stared down at my useless, stiff body. He smirked and continued staring.
"Poor Ethan, did you really think that someone could love you?" He laughed.

Grayson's POV

Ethan was groaning in his sleep. I tried to ignore him and continued watching the film. Ethan woke up and screamed. He started crying and crying. I hugged him and ran my fingers through his hair, trying to calm him down. I buried his head into my chest as he continued sobbing into my t-shirt. I hated seeing anyone like this, especially Ethan.
"Ethan, what's wrong?" I asked, worried.
"I-I just had a b-bad dream" he sobbed.
After he had settled down, we turned off the lights and the movie and when into our separate rooms. Mom and dad were at work, so the house was silent. I heard Ethan begin to cry again. I wanted to know what had upset him so much but decided to ignore it as I knew he wouldn't open up to me. He didn't open up to anyone anymore.

Thanks for reading the first chapter. 864 words. Xx