There were loud beeping noises that made me cover my ears. There was a huge blast of bright light and all I could see was a dinosaurs face with a mouth open wide. Charlie and I both cried out as we zipped by. Then we were in a hall similar to the one we were in before we entered the past.

"Mission accomplished."

"You made it! I knew you would. And guess who made it back with you? I better find him before security does. Thanks for everything!"

I felt ink drip down my face and quickly sucked it back up before it was noticeable. Charlie was beginning to slowly release my arm and steady his breathing. The bride started talking about how fun the ride was and asking if we enjoyed it. I could only smile and nod. When we got off, that Cast Member was waiting for us and he began to lead us out the ride. As we walked I looked at Charlie as he rubbed tears from his face.

I couldn't help but start laughing. He caught my action and, to my surprise, he started laughing too.

We both made it.

————

Charlie's POV

I was practically having a heart attack the whole ride. I'm sure Bendy was too, but everything was fine. I bet Jim would be really proud of me...

"Alrighty, do you two know who you're looking for?" Mr. Red Glasses asked us.

"Yes, sir, thank you!" I told him before taking Bendy's hand and hurrying off.

"Who are we looking for?" Bendy asked.

I was scanning the crowd for the character in mind; if I was right, she was disguised in some way so she didn't stand out to much.

"I'm sure it's her..." I said to myself.

"Hey Charles?"

"Charlie."

"Why's that cowboy staring at us?"

My head snapped in the direction Bendy was looking. A guy in a Sheriff Woody costume was close by, staring at us with kids all around him trying to get pictures and autographs. Woody may be cool on screen, but NOT in real life; that giant mask was horrifying...

"Jesus Christ..."

"Who is that guy?" Bendy was taking my hand and backing away.

"Woody from Toy Story 1995, Toy Story 2 1999, and Toy Story 3 2010..."

"He's not the one we're looking for, right? He sticks out like a sore thumb, look how those kids are crowdin' him!"

"He isn't who we're looking for, it's another imposter! Woody doesn't appear anywhere in Animal Kingdom!"

"What do we do—what do we do?!" He sounded panicked.

The Woody imposter was trying to come towards us, despite the children slowing him down. Bendy immediately pulled me toward the large Iguanodon statue and we ducked behind it.

"There's gotta be a way outta here, is there?!" he said.

"W-We could slip through the Dino Institute Shop and go down the back road. Then we could go find someplace to hide in the Asia portion of the park, I'm sure if there's any other imposters they're around Discovery Island!" I said.

"Sounds swell to me!"

We got up and ran in the direction of the shop. It was full of people, so we slipped in with the crowd, practically hiding in plain sight. I couldn't tell if the Woody imposter was following us or not, but I could only hope he didn't see us.

"Where can we hide? Another dark ride?" Bendy asked as we went down the back road.

"I can't think of any other rides we'd be able to hide in... we could maybe try Expedition Everest, that one is really popular. The line is really long and it's always crowded, with that many people they wouldn't be able to do anything—oh fuck me!"

"CHARLES!"

I shoved a hand over Bendy's mouth and pulled him behind a trash bin. Nearby the Fossil Fun Games area, were two Dapper Dans, one in red and one in blue. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two more somewhere; they were trying to trap us in Dinoland and soon enough they'd close in!

"Mmmff—Hey!" Bendy slipped out my grasp. "Look kid, I know you're mature for your age but you can't be spoutin' nasty language like that!"

"Hush old man, you can scold me later!"

"Old man?!"

"There's some of those Dapper Dans Jim told us about over there, we can't let them find us!"

Bendy looked toward them, probably to make sure I wasn't lying, then faced me again.

"There's a lotta people, if they catch us maybe we can cause a scene. Someone's bound to do something."

"Remember yesterday with the Mad Hatter? Nobody seemed to care about me be genuinely terrified. In this day and age people's first reaction to something bad like a child in danger or a fatal accident is to whip out their phone and film it so they can post it online for everyone to see."

"... Wow."

"Welcome to the 21st century."

Suddenly loud music, jazz to be specific, rang out across the park ground. I looked to see a man among a now growing crowd with a ukulele and a band behind him playing the music along with a large alligator playing a trumpet—hold on. The man was taking the arms of Dapper Dans and pulling them to dance. He was familiar—WAIT!

"Ashidanza! Louis, my friend, look at all these nice people here today!" The man cried. The alligator, in response, gave a big goofy grin. "Come now, if you know the words, sing along!"

The band started playing Dig A Little Deeper and kids immediately started crowding with their parents to sing and dance. Bendy's eyes were going wide at the side, almost like he was mesmerized. Then a smile grew on his face.

"This music! I haven't heard swell tunes like this in a long time!"

I wasn't paying much attention. I was smiling too. The final hurrah for drawn characters...

"Been wonderin' where you two went off too!" a female voice came from behind us.

There stood a young woman with dark skin and pretty dark hair in a curly mess. My eyes were wide; I didn't even know what to say. I mean I expected her, but still!

"Wow-ee! Aren't you a choice bit of calico!" Bendy said upon seeing her.

"Haha! Not to bad yourself, devil darlin'~" She accepted a handshake from him. Then she looked at me and gave a pleasant smile.

"And you must be Charlie!"

I'm sure I was blushing. I awkwardly bowed my head, wether I was trying to hide my face or be polite I don't know.

"N-Nice to meet you y-your highness..."

She laughed and pinched my cheek, never losing that warm smile.

"You can just call me Tiana~"