"Olivia." I call.

"What?" She says, not looking up from her phone.

I take her phone and smirk.

"Hey!" She yells.

"You can have it back after we talk."

"Talk about what?" She asks.

"You." I tell her.

"If it's about Chase and the drinking dad I-"

"Chase? That's his name?" I question.

"Um, yea." She quietly mumbles.

I sit on the edge of her bed and she sits up.

"Why do you feel like you've got to hide this from me?" I ask.

She doesn't reply and I sigh.

"I feel like I don't know you anymore." I whisper. "When you were little you would tell me everything and want to do everything with me, sometimes I just wonder what happened."

"I grew up."

Which is true, and it's a harsh reality.

She isn't my little baby running around giggling at everything, smiling all the time, where nothing was complicated.

"Ouch." I chuckle.

"I'm not going to be your little girl forever.." She whispers.

"And why not.." I pout. "Why can't we talk like we used to?"

She rolls her eyes, "Like what? When I was five? Because I don't know if you remember but from age seven to ten, you were never here. The band was your priority and I get that. But half of the time when you called you'd say I love you, then left. And you would always promise to be back for certain things, but you weren't. Dad, you missed mine and Matt's birthday. You can't complain about me not wanting to talking to you when you wouldn't even try to talk to us. I can't talk to you anymore because you wouldn't for the longest time. Mum is always there. Even if she does go out for a night, if I call her, she'd stop whatever she's doing to talk to me. Ever since the whole band thing ended, you just expect me to come running to you about everything. In the past few years you haven't even made any attempts to talk to me like we used to! But it doesn't matter, if I need anything, I'll just go to mum."

"Don't talk to me like that."

"I'm talking to you though, isn't that what you wanted?" She spits, leaving the room.

I'm left sitting in my daughters bed, confused, and hurt.

-

"Luke? Can I talk to you?" Vic calls, walking into our room.

"I guess." I mumble.

"Babe, Liv came and talked to me-"

"You don't need to brag!" I exclaim.

"Luke.." She warns

"I'm sorry.." I mutter.

She climbs in bed and sits next to me and sighs, "You okay?"

"No, I'm not. Liv hates me!"

"Liv does not hate you. She may seem like she's annoyed with you but she loves you a lot, Luke. That's why she cares so much. Because she wants to be close with you." Vic quietly tells me.

"I'm such a bad parent." I mumble.

"Luke, don't say that." She mumbles, moving closer to me.

"She brought up when I missed the twins birthday." I whisper.

"She knows that wasn't your fault."

"But I still feel so bad. It's been so long and it still makes me feel like complete shit. She called me that night when I missed it, she was crying saying 'how could you daddy' a-and I'll never forget that." I softly cry.

"Luke, don't cry. How many times am I going to have to tell you she loves you?" She asks, taking my hand in hers.

"You aren't going to convince me. Our kids don't like me." I mumble, wiping my eyes.

"But Carly loves you."

I sigh, "How about Matt and Liv? Plus Carly only likes me because I'm actually around and take her out to get candy and stuff."

"That's not true. And Matt and Liv do love you. Luke, you have to understand they're teenagers now. They aren't our little babies anymore. They won't come running to us about everything."

"But I want my babies back!" I whine.

"So do I." She sighs. "I remember when they were just a couple months old.. They were so great back then. They didn't talk back, they couldn't just leave, they would just be with us all the time. Now they're just.. they're teenagers."

-----------------------------------------------------

hi alright was this good idk bye