Feelings Within My Soul

Whenever I'm with you, there's these periods of times where your eyes meet my own and that smile of yours matches mine. The gentle brush of your hand against my skin. The longing and  silent glances shared.

Whenever we sit across from each other, your eyes wander over at me. When you know / feel I can't do something, you're willingly by my side.

When the fake smile slips off my face, you can tell right away. Sometimes I think I don't show how broken I am, but you notice immediately. You can tell just by looking into my eyes. When I don't feel like laughing, you do whatever you can just to see me smile. When I do crack a laugh, your attention snaps at me.

Why is it that I find it hard to breathe when you look at me? When your fingers touch mine, I feel adrenaline rush inside of me. When I'm about to see you, I get filled with anxiety. Why? Why is it that, no matter what mood I was in, when you're next to me, I feel alright? Why do I feel like I'm home when I'm with you? When you see that I don't seem comfortable with someone, you immediately put yourself between them and I.

I miss you. All the time. More than you think I do. More than I should. I go every day to school thinking about how much I wish you were here. The boys here think I'm alone and try to get to me. But they're not like you. They'll never care enough, love enough, like you. I find myself looking for you in the crowd. The reason I am patient  and strong  is for you. I take so much just for you. I eagerly wait for the weekend when I know I'll be with you. Then go back to the routine of having to miss you all over again.