one

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘼𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 ]

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘼𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 ]

▂▂▂▂

THE SUMMER HAD PASSED OVER Rosewood fastly after previous events. Mona had been discovered as the maniac that had tortured the girls for months, and Madison her somewhat minion.

But that was from the girls perspective, and they were the only side of the story the police and the public would hear because Mona was unconcious and Madison had fallen several metres down a cliff.

That night, all of the emergency services had arrived to the scene soon after Madison's fatal fall. They'd seen to Mona and she was alive, so they'd rushed her to hospital, all while they were trying to rescue Madison's body from below.

"Is she dead?" Hanna had sobbed into Aria, "Please don't let her be dead."

They were all heartbroken. Their friend had betrayed them and then tried to kill herself. To add to the trauma, later that night they had discovered that Maya St. Germain was dead. Details were still unknown, but she was truly dead.

As for Madison, well, a paramedic had hopped down onto the ledge from the ladders of a helicopter and beside the young brunettes body. Madison was out cold, her head was bleeding profoundly and her ankle was broken.

From any angle she looked as though that was it, her life had been stripped away and she was gone forever. But as the paramedic pressed his fingertips to the pulse on her neck, it was still beating, "She's still alive!"

Then she was gathered up and rushed to hospital. She spent a week or so recovering there before being sent to Radley without hesitation.

Radley was a mental institution and after hearing what the girls had said, Madison's mother insisted on placing her daughter inside the sanitarium, which every doctor agreed to. Nate did not.

So, a broken Madison, whose ankle was almost healed but her head and heart were no way near, was now locked up in a plain room with four close walls. Five months and counting.

"Have you taken your medication today?" Katherine asked her daughter, who was sat on a white metal chair beside Madison's bed.

Madison blinked as she exhaled a breath. Her eyes were focused on the left corner of the room, where there were billions of tiny scattered pieces of crushed pills imbedding into the laminate grey flooring. Five whole months worth of pills, from the day she'd arrived in Radley to now.

A smile forced itself onto Madison's face as her eyes shifted to meet her mother's, "Of course."

"Good." Katherine smiled back. Her beady eyes scanned her daughters facial features, "You're getting so much better, sweetie. The doctors and I have been discussing and you may be able to come home soon, for good."