25

Ruel burst into laughter.
"What's so funny?" I asked, frowning.
"Indi told me about everything! I thought that I'd prank you," He said laughing.
"Oh, you're fûcking kidding me! You're a real dîckhead you know!?" I yelled while running after him and tackling him to the sandy ground. I giggled as I looked into his eyes.

I forcefully pushed my lips into his and we began to passionately intertwine our fingers, I cupped his head in my hand and ran my fingers through his sandy hair. He released his lips from my grasp and said, "I love you Cora."
"I love you too Ruel." I replied back.
We stayed there for hours and didn't worry about anything in the world. It was as if time stood still at that moment.

—————————————

The next morning, Ruel held my hand when we walked into school, luckily, I'm pretty tall for a girl so he didn't have to bend down too far to hold my hand. People stared at us while we just looked at eachother lovingly. Maddi glared at me as I walked past her, she attempted to smirk at Ruel but he either wasn't watching or didn't want to involve himself with her.

We sat next to each other in every class that we had together. The only class we weren't in together was Spanish, which was kinda sad but at least I got some alone time.

In first period, we had Maths and he played with my hair the entire lesson, then came PE, we were playing basketball, Ruel was a pretty tall guy so he was a god at basketball. Then, it was science, when the teacher wasn't looking or listening, we chatted almost silently about a party that Ruel was going to throw later in the school year. Then, in music, we sung a duet together, the song we chose was Corduroy Dreams by Rex Orange County.

author's note:
that song is a bop btw i'll link it down below 🤪 also i'm sorry for the plot twist in this chapter