Complications - Patroclus

It was like being underwater, and not knowing which way is up. Me and Achilles appeared in a sunny, open air pavilion, and people took notice.

   Shouts of alarm assaulted our ears, and people were drawing weapons. As I looked closer, I saw that they were children, who couldn't have been much older than 16 in strange orange shirts and pants. Even the women wore these strange garments. Achilles raised his sword arm, and got ready to fight.

   I grasped his arm, leaned in and whispered,"I am here." His sword arm lowered in relief, but then more people skidded into the marble structure and he was in defensive mode again. He sized up a girl who had stood up and was making her way towards him, as a fish approaches a hook.

   He narrowed his eyes and took a stance. I cried out," Achilles, they're Children!" He didn't look back at me, until a familiar voice reverberated around the pillars.

   "PELIDES!"we stopped, and turned to face him. Chiron. I felt myself begin to smile as Achilles stood up in a more dignified pose and nodded, smiling as well.

   "Hello Chiron." He cracked a smile. " Who is your army of children you've somehow acquired?" Chiron laughed. "Funny, as always Achilles." He turned to the Children with weapons and they shuffled away from us, albeit reluctantly. " We need to talk."

He led us through a wide, open grassy space which held a number of strange contraptions and arenas. We entered a wooden house and sat down on a seat."So," He began," You are dead." I leaned forward, elbows on my knees. Me and Achilles looked at each other, and grinned secretively. He nodded." It seems so."

Achilles being Achilles blurted out," Who won the war?" Chiron smiled and shook his head. "The Greeks, after Odysseus came up with a cunning plan." Achilles snorted." That's the only time I have ever been glad he is so clever."

Suddenly a squeal came from the other room and my life long best friend slipped in to the room. Briseis, lovely as always, eyes dark and deep as ever met my eyes and broke into hysterical sobs while crumpling to the floor. Chiron looks taken aback and looks at me expectantly.

I stand up and crouch down next to her. "Hi, Briseis." She grips me and smiles through her tears. I clear my throat and open my mouth when the front door bursts open and a boy of about 17 skids inside with a sword raised.

He looks around, sees Briseis on the floor, me next to her, Achilles on the couch and Chiron standing in front and doesn't relax. He and Chiron exchange a few words in a foreign language before a girl comes in and clings to his arm, scolding him and dragging him away.

I'm surprised he allows her to do so, but he is pulled out of the room. All I see are his eyes, green as the foam that breaks against the sand, and his hair, black and unruly. He does not look like someone to be messed with. I am not wrong.

—————
A/N This chapter was a little shorter, but yay, almost all of the main characters are introduced! More solangelo coming in the future, be patient my young shippers.