five

all the sudden the group hears vernon moving around out in the hall, so bender quickly came and sat in the chair between claire and andrew, he folds his hands on the table.

vernon goes back into his office. bender laughs and gets up. he starts walking towards the double doors that separate the library from the hallway.

"ya know there's not s'posed to be any monkey business!" brian says.

bender turns and points at brian. "young man! have you finished your paper?" he asks in a stern voice.

bender turns back away and goes to the door. he looks around cautiously and removes a screw from the it.

"cmon bender don't screw around!" andrew yells.

"what are you gonna do?" claire asks.

"drop dead, i hope!"

brian looks up. bender is still messing with the door to the library. "bender, that's school property there...you know, it doesn't belong to us. it's something not to be toyed with." the boy suggests.

within seconds the door slams shut, and bender runs back to his seat.

"that's very funny, come on, fix it!" andrew annoyingly spoke.

"you should really fix that!" brian agrees.

"am i a genius?" bender asks.

"no, you're an asshole!" andrew quickly replies.

"what a funny guy! everyone, just shh."

andrew and bender continue to bicker, which catches mr. vernon's attention.

"god damn it!" vernon yells as he opens the library door and looks at the five teenagers. "why is that door closed?!" he studies the group, and nobody answers. "WHY IS THAT DOOR CLOSED?!" repeats the teacher.

"how are we supposed to know? we're not supposed to move. right?" bender adds.

vernon ignores the boy. "why?!" he yells.

"we're just sitting here, like we're supposed to." claire innocently said.

"who closed that door?!"

"i think a screw feel out." bender said as he moved the curls out of his face.

"it just closed, sir." andrew quietly says. bender smirks.

"WHO?" vernon looks at allison.

"AHH!" allison squeals, then puts her head in her arms on the table.

"she doesn't talk sir."

"give me that screw." vernon snaps at bender.

"i don't have it." he shakes his head.

"you want me to yank you out of that seat, and shake it out of you?!"

"i don't have it. screws fall out all the time, the worlds an imperfect place." bender glances up at the teacher.

"give it to me, bender."

"excuse me, sir? why would anyone want to steal a screw?" claire adds.

"watch it young lady!" vernon looks over to the girl. he walks over to the door, and pulls a chair in front of it to keep it from closing.

"the doors way to heavy, sir." bender says.

vernon ignores the boy, and continues what he was doing. he takes his hand off of the door, and it slams shut very hard.

"damn it!" he yells frustrated.

the group tries to hold in laughs.

he comes back in and calls for andrews attention. "andrew clark, get up here." he snaps. "cmon front and center! let's go!"

"hey how come andrew gets to get up?" bender asks. "if he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!"

andrew and vendor attempt to move a book shelf in front of the door.

"okay, now, watch the magazines!" vernon snaps.

"that's very clever sir, but what if there's a fire? i think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career, sir." bender says.

all vernon does is think about it. he then turns to andrew. "alright, what are you doing with this? get this outta here for god's sake! what's the matter with you? come on!"

vernon makes it seem like it was andrews idea to move to book shelf.

"you know the school comes equipped with fire exits at either end of the library." brian corrects bender, and gets a glare in return.

"show dick some respect!"

andrew and vernon come back into the main section of the library.

"let's go...go! get back into your seat." vernon snaps at the boy, as andrew sits. "i expected a little more from a varsity letterman!"