CHAPTER 3

I moved out of the limousine as soon as it stopped right in front of the large porch of our house. I didn't mind waiting for the chauffeur to open the door for me. I'm in a hurry.

Oh no. Here we go again.

As soon as I stepped inside the house proper, the maidservants lined up ahead of me. They each bowed their heads as I passed in front of them. Waiting on top of the line is Montage, my butler. 

"Milady." He bowed down as well and gestured for me to hand him my coat. I did so. And he bowed his head again when I passed in front of him as I make my way to the grand staircase.

The clatter of my shoes against the marble floor is the only audible sound around the house. No chirping of birds outside. No whistling of the cold fresh air. No swooshing as the leaves fall from the trees. No life. The rest is as dull as always.

Silence filled the air as we walk down the long hallway.

"You can go now, Montage." I said as I take the steps towards my room. I know Montage is right on my heels.

"Do you need anything, milady?"  He asked politely as I reach my door.

"Nothing, really. Thank you, Montage. I'll call you if I ever need a hand."

"Okay, milady. If that's the case, then I'll leave now." He bowed his head again for the nth time and walked away.

I opened the door and stepped in. The same empty feeling embraced me as I walk towards the bed and put down my bag. This is a freaking tiresome day.

I grabbed my laptop and started surfing the net. I opened my one and only legit email and checked for new messages. Zero. Well, why a boring email, you ask? You see, I'm not a sociable person and I don't really see the use of facebook, twitter or instagram which, may I reiterate, are all SOCIAL-networking sites. See the connection? In fact, I don't really intend to make an email before. It's just that my teacher in the tenth grade told me I am required to make one so that she could send us the lessons and homeworks there. And besides, that's the only way someone could contact me. Well, aside from the latest model of IPhone that I have, though I barely use it. I don't need it anyway. Mom just insisted on buying me one. And it's not like many would want to contact me anyway.

So yeah. I was in a hurry a while ago because I wanna do a research about this Levi Garrison. I knew it. He doesn't seem to be a regular student in school. I swear I never see him. Though let's say we have around two thousand students in the campus, it's impossible not to know a person even just by face at least, right?

I clicked here and there as I try to find any leak of information about the devil. And to tell you the truth, it's really hard. There are no legit information about a guy whose name is Levi Garrison. In fact, there are no information at all. Well, I wouldn't be surprised. A person working in an underground society surely would be careful in revealing information about himself. Who knows, maybe Levi Garrison isn't his real name at all. 

What should I do? Spy him at school, maybe? Oh, that would be a wrong move, considering what happened a while ago. And now that I'm thinking about it, I realized I should have looked back while I was running back then. I should have seen the man's face at least so that I have a lead as to whom I'm dealing with. That man with Levi Garrison. He is another mystery yet to be solved.