{3} "Us Swans don't get scared away easily."

***

***

Emma was in the bathroom while I was chilling out in our room. Something weird happened this morning. We woke up, looked out our window, and saw the clock on the clock tower was working. We didn't think much about it, though, and went on with our day after a minute. I was lying on the bed when I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened it to see Regina standing on the other side with a basket of apples.

She had a fake smile on her face, "Did you know the honey crisp tree is the most vigorous and hardy of all apple trees? It can survive temperatures as low as forty below and keep growing. It can weather any storm. I have one that I've tended to since I was a little girl. And to this day, I have yet to taste anything more delicious than the fruit it offers." She handed me two apples.

I took them hesitantly, "Thanks." I don't know why she had to tell me the whole backstory, though. I could have really done without it.

"I'm sure you'll enjoy them on your drive home." She started to hand me the whole basket.

I quickly said, "Actually, we're going to stay here for a while longer." I slowly pushed the basket of apples back to her.

She stared at me with a glare, "I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Henry has enough issues, he doesn't need you or your sister confusing him."

"All due respect, Madame Mayor," I gave her a sickly sweet smile, "The fact that you have threatened my sister and me twice in the short amount of time we've been here makes us want to stay here more. Us Swans don't get scared away easily."

"Since when were apples a threat?" Regina asked, smiling.

"It's called reading in between the lines," I smiled wider. She really thinks that I have no idea what she's doing. It was pretty funny actually, "We also wanted to make sure that Henry was okay."

"He's fine, dear," Regina said snappily. Note to self, don't bring up anything that might question her parenting skills. She seemed to be really angry when I said that. "Any problems he has are being taken care of."

"What does that mean?" I crossed my arms.

"It means I have him in therapy. It's all under control. Take my advice, Miss Swan, only one of the three of us knows what's best for Henry." Regina said.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm starting to get that."

"It's time for you to go," Regina stated.

I took a step forward, "What are you doing to do if I don't?" I was definitely challenging her now. Sure, she was the Mayor, but that didn't intimidate me. If we decided to stay here then we were going to stay here however long we wanted. There was nothing that she could do that would change our minds.