As the nights succeeded each other's, the brief shadow Sue saw over the cliff slowly turned into a steady black silhouette.

"Could it be Patrick, her husband?" asked Jack some mornings later.

She was in his arms, her chin resting over his bare chest, and he was seriously contemplating breakfast in bed, with her on the menu.

"Don't think so. Not that I can see his face," she said, unsure how to explain. In her mind, she could clearly see the shadow of a man standing at the top of the cliff overlooking the beach. "It's more like..." she sighed in frustration. "Jack, there are days I think I may be crazy."

"You're not crazy, sweetheart," he reassured her. "Is there something you smell or feel?" he asked, trying to help her.

"I tense up when I see him watching us." She wondered if it made sense. "Why would I feel threatened if it was Patrick?"

"You think he may be a stranger?"

She shrugged. No stranger had been reported in town around the time of the murders.

"Or maybe someone Amelia knows but fears?"

"She had no reason to fear anyone in town," Sue objected, her fingers following the contour of his pectoral muscle, a smile slowly appearing on her lips. "She led a quiet life with her husband and daughter. She was expecting their second child."

"Keep going," he suggested huskily, his hands massaging her back.

"Going where, Jack?" Her voice was soft and sensual.

"Here." Pulling her completely over him, he sought her lips.

The story could wait, but not the tender loving care he intended to bestow on his wife.

***

"How about a trip in town today?" Jack suggested at breakfast.

The wind was blowing strong and it was too cold to ride on the quad.

"Good idea. Didn't Chuck say Rosie should be back this week?" she asked, recalling her last conversation with the sweet old man.

"Yah, but he said that the week before, and the week before that, and..."

According to Chuck, Rosie should have been back by mid-January, but they were entering February and she still remained unaccounted for.

"I got it, Jack."

She threw a Cheerio's at him, and he chuckled, before opening wide to see if she would throw another cereal at him.

"Don't tempt me," she laughed.

They went to the library expecting Chuck. He was there, but so was Rosie with a very dark tan.

"Where does your mother live exactly?" teased Sue who was happy to see her.

"I decided I deserved a vacation, so I went to visit a good friend in Florida for two weeks," explained Rosie. "I needed to forget about Richmond and those Feds. Do you realise my computers are still not back?"

From Rosie's facial expression, Sue guessed her voice also increased in volume.

"I'm sure they will turn up eventually," said Jack.

"Whatever, right?" Staring at Jack and Sue, she shrugged in defeat. "Anyway, I cannot believe you're still here. The ghost hasn't materialised yet?"

"No," said Sue with conviction. "But I have more questions, Rosie."

"Would you like me to go?" asked Chuck who didn't want to impose.

"Don't be silly," said Rosie. "You may even be able to help me answer. Shoot, Becky."