Chapter 21

"It-it was Grayson!" I scream down the phone, I pace up and down the hallway, I already checked Aunt Susan's room, he didn't do anything there. The image plays on loop in my mind, him falling, his hoodie sleeve exposing his bird tattoo, him looking at me and fleeing from the scene.

"Woah, calm down El, what was Grayson?" Tom replies, his phone is on speaker so that both him and his brother can listen to me.

"Grayson has been the one threatening Aunt Susan! Why? What has she done? I never want to talk to him again," I say, disgusted at him.

"We will get answers soon El but I feel like the best bet is to stay away from him for a while, we don't want him ending up in hospital with broken bones because of you beating him into a pulp," Flynn answers back, a small laugh continues after, he's trying to lighten up the mood.

"Oh ho, how I would love to beat him to a pulp right now." I can feel my cheeks burning with anger. I grit my teeth and take a deep breath, I can't be like this when Aunt Susan comes home which will be any second now.

The front door's handle jiggles and I stop, mid-pace. Opening the door, Aunt Susan has two shopping bags on her arms.

My thumb hits the end button the same time I scream her name, running into her arms and hugging her close.

"Hey baby," She laughs slightly, kissing my hair and brushing it between her fingers. "Oh how I've missed you." She moves me to arms length, examining every nook and cranny of me, "What's wrong," She asks.

"Nothing," I lie.

"There is because I see a tear there, sadness, happiness, anger?" She expresses the 'anger' with a fake angry face, making me giggle.

I shake my head denying it all.

"I'll pop the kettle on, how was Tom and Flynn?" She asks.

"Good..." I hesitate. No need telling her about the dreams.

It clicks. I need to tell someone. The only person who I haven't told that I possibly could is Archie. Shit! Kira.

I tap away at my phone, getting the messages with Kira up.

Kira

Kira! Whatever you do! Do not talk to Grayson!
He's a lying bastard >:(

What do you mean?

He's been lying, he's the one who did
all those nasty things to my
Aunt
Susan!

Do you have permission for me to kill him ?

Yes but not yet, maybe later ;)

Can later mean five mins from now?

O.o okay fine ;D

Yay I'll get the bin bags and should
I use a knife or my bare hands?

Bare hands, it'll make it more
painful for the nob head

How I love Kira. I flick my phone against my hand, it makes a tapping sound as I do.

"Aunt Susan! I'll be back in a few I... left something at the Mitchell twin's house." Well that didn't sound convincing at all.

"Okay, here, pick up some bread on your way back and a tub of ice cream, you look distraught," She winks and hands over a fiver.