"Hey, baby. Did I wake you?"

Jennie cleared her throat while registering the voice on the line "Joe?"

"Yeah, it's me. Did I wake you?"

"No it's okay. I should be getting up anyway." She explained failing to stifle a yawn.

"Busy shift yesterday?"

"More like last night."

"Are you taking the night shifts?"

"No. I was just covering for a colleague." Jennie fought hard to keep her eyes open.

"Good, then I assume that you're free tonight."

"Yeah, I guess so. Why?"

"Cause I just landed in New York and I'm dying to take my girl out for a romantic date. What do you say?"

Jennie hesitated for a few seconds wondering if this would be such a good idea. Part of her tired mind wanted to be put at rest while the other part was hoping she could go back to her interrupted dream and make some sense out of it. But she realized she had no plausible reason to refuse his invitation, and honestly, she couldn't argue about anything at that moment, so she resigned.

"Okay."

Jennie's lazy answer didn't affect Joe's excitement.

"Great. I'll pick you up at eight. You choose the place."

"Fine..." Jennie agreed as another yawn prevented her from saying more.

"Alright baby go back to sleep. I'll see you tonight."

After he hung up and Jennie tossed the phone across the bed sinking back against her pillows.

"This is so not right."

She stared at the ceiling wondering how to handle the emotional mess she was getting herself into.

...

"Alright Lisa, remind me why I'm here." Rose followed her sister as they were led through the elegant restaurant.

"Cause my date happens to have an unmarried sister and I," Lisa turned and smiled cynically, "have you."

"Yeah?"

"Yes." Lisa slid into her designated seat as Rose followed suit.

"Well, I just want to point out how ridiculous this is..." Rose hesitated as the waiter set their drinks down. "Thanks," She said with a pleasant smile. When the waiter's back was turned, Rose pointed her rueful gaze toward the woman opposite her. "Jesus, Liz. You let an eight year old boy set you up on a blind date."

"Weren't you the one egging me on to accept it?" Lisa lifted a challenging eyebrow.

"Well yes, but—"

"If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for you too, unnie."

Rose snorted then took in the restaurant opulent atmosphere. "At least this place is nice. Who chose it?"

"I did." Lisa sipped her beverage. "I like it here. It's perfect for a date."

"Let's hope our ladies are worth it." Rose rolled her eyes apprehensively making Lisa chuckle.

"How long has it been since you've been on a blind date, Rose?"

"I don't need blind dates to get women, Liz. I have..." Rose cleared her throat, "or can get all the women I want. You, on the other hand, haven't had a date ever since—"

"I was shot," Lisa deadpanned.

"Well, there is that." Rose paused. "In this case a blind date is a good way for you to get your feet wet again among other things." Rose winked knowingly. "Now, for me—"