Chapter 1: Two Worlds Apart

"Asher?" she called me, smiling, "Matagal na tayong hindi pumunta dito no?"

"I know, I miss it so much." I replied to her while looking at her back. Nakatingin lang siya sa malayo. Peaceful. Parang walang problema. Ganyan si Reena. The simplest things are the most relevant to her.

We're at a mountain lookout, below are the busy streets, above was the moon that gave light to the evening, and the stars were twinkling in accord. This had been our favourite spot since the very first date. The scenery was superb.

But I think she was the most beautiful view.

"Drick, naaalala mo pa ba yung umamin ka sa akin? Dito yun eh, when you finally asked me to be your girlfriend?" she giggled, "Para ka ngang tanga noon eh." 

Bully, but it was one of the many reasons why she was unique. 

Matapang.

Astig.

Independent.

Truth be told, she doesn't need me. Nagtataka nga ako kung bakit naging girlfriend ko si Reena.

"Ay sus, sabihin mo nalang na cute ako." I pouted. She wasn't looking at me but it was alright, as long as she was laughing, nothing mattered.

"It must have been hard having to put up with all my nagging and frustrations and for that, I'm truly sorry." she looked down. The sudden change of mood worried me... so much. Akala ko okay na. Who was I kidding? 

Magiging okay pa ba ang lahat?

"I'm really sorry for everything, for not treasuring you enough," she said with a low voice. Hindi ko na natiis. I placed myself in front of her and I could see her tears quickly dropping from her swollen eyes and worse, you could tell that she had been crying all day. 

Hindi siya umiiyak kung kaya niya pa. Kailan man ay hindi ko nakitang umiyak ng walang malubhang rason si Reena.

"Reens, stop crying...please." I pleaded to her. Suddenly she looked up at the skies, as if they were the only ones who could comfort her. 

"Asher Frederick Romeo!!!" All of a sudden she screamed at the top of her lungs. "Gago! Ba't mo ako iniwan! Sabi mo magpapatayo ka pa ng mansion natin! Bwisit ka, saan kana ha? Naririnig mo ba ako?"

Napaupo si Reena. Hugging her legs tightly she was not planning on stopping. Her cries were even louder now, more spontaneous. 

"Love, andito lang naman ako," I stooped down to reach her face. Nagbabakasakali na pwede ko pa siyang hawakan.

Pero ang mapait na realidad ang bumungad sa akin. With a sad smile, and a cracked voice, I whispered...

"Andito lang naman ako, kahit hindi mo na ako nakikita."

✧・✧・✧・✧

They say the only constant thing in this world is Change, but oh they were wrong.

Our hearts will always long for each other

Our minds will always think about how things used to be. How things were supposed to be.

But, no matter how far the distance,

Even if I had to break the doors that were separating the heavens and earth,

I'd still love her

Even if...

Even if...

We were already two worlds apart...