Chapter One Return of the Golden Pharaoh

Start from the beginning

“I’d still like for you to at least not wear those, at least not around me sweetheart, when I see you I want to see me granddaughter, not a secretary.”

Kathrin had to laugh; he always kept saying such things, even though to her it made her at least look much more mature then how people really thought of her. Which at times made Kathrin feel just a little disappointed, no one would see her as an adult even in her twenties.

Reluctantly her grandfather handed her glasses back, and as she put them back on he said. “You know you may never find a good husband if you keep this constant work up.”

“Who says I’m looking for a husband?” she snapped as her grandfather as he merely smiled at her. She turned her head away and folded her arm’s across her chest. “I’m perfectly fine the way I am now, and I can’t really see myself dating anyone who thinks I’m a total nerd.”

“It’s slightly ironic that you say that yet you have a baby face-complex.”

She blushed and looked at him. “Do not!” then she changed the subject as her grandfather looked over the document as well. “Are you really sure that we won’t need anything to take as an extra precaution in these theft uprisings?”

“I’m sure, I’m sure.” He said in that confident tone of voice. “But it’s getting close to closing; don’t you think it would be a good idea to head home soon?”

“It’s alright, besides I want to go to look over the rest of the information in what will be coming up and figure out where and what should be placed, and so on.”

Her grandfather just looked at her blankly.

Kathrin frowned slightly. “Is something wrong?”

He sighed and shook his head slightly. “No nothing, but I think for today you should head home.” he placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled slightly. “I don’t want you to be overworked.”

Kathrin fell onto the couch and let out a deep sigh. She tilted her head back and closed her eyes, she was tried, but things like that never a cured to her until after doing a tone of work.

She was about to drift to sleep when she felt her glasses being taken off, her eyes opened instantly to see her friend Sara Sundown looking down at her, natural bleach blond middle neck length hair and tanned skin from being out in the sun so often, even when winter came her hair and skin never seemed to change, she had once said that she was probably someone from the hot warmer countries, even when she was at least twelve her hair and skin was like that. But Kathrin guessed that the woman was slightly exaggerating it for fun. She was dressed in a pink tank top and ripped jeans that became cut to the middle of her thighs and yellow flip-flop sandals.

 “Geeze!” Sarah jerked back. “Is there no way in removing your glasses without you doing the freaky eyes instantly wide open thingy it freaks me out every time you do it.”

Kathrin sat up and removed the elastic from her hair and shook her head to let the strands loose before scratching her head. “Then maybe you should stop if it bothers you so much…” Kathrin paused as she pushed some of her hair out of her face and saw another woman that  in ripped black jeans slightly ripped white T-shirt with a black tank top underneath, a few necklaces, dark brown combat boots and a leather Celtic wristband on her left wrist, her long hip length dark brown hair tide back in a braid.

“Hey Nick.”

Nichole Hawk, nickname Nick, gave a slight salute with her right hand’s index and middle finger and gave a half smile. “Yo, you look like the dead.”

“Ha, funny.” Kathrin said with slight sarcasm. “How’s it going for you two?”

“Good, you should try to come by to check out our shop some time.” Nick said as she walked over, kicking her boots off as she went before sitting down in an armchair, Sarah then joined on Nick’s lap.