Chapter 9

After a few minutes, I stop crying and Ezra moves me back a little so he can see my face.

"Mae, you aren't going to school today," Ezra says "And don't try to protest because I already made my decision."

I was going to argue but he said the second part before I could. Instead, I just ask him a question.

"How?" I said, "My mom would need to call the school."

"I'll just call and say im your relative," Ezra said "Don't worry"

I nod my head in response. Ezra gets up from the bed and grabs my stuff, from around the room. Once he has it all he puts one of his arms under my back, his other under my knees. I don't fight this at all, it feels too nice and comfortable to have his hands on me. He picks me up, then heads to the door of the small room, opening it with his foot. I don't know what im thinking but I put my arms around his neck and lean into his chest.

Ezra chuckles, I feel it through his chest. His laugh is beautiful like it was sent from the gods themselves. We soon after reaching the car, Ezra takes this time to set me down in the car. I softly whimper, he smirks. He gets in the car and gets the car started. He grabs my hand, he must know I like to keep in contact with him. I put my other arm around his and hold to him. Ezra smiles from ear to ear.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"My place" Ezra responds casually.

"Won't you be late for school?" I asked.

"No," Ezra answered, "I'm calling in."He looks very content with his answer and I know not to argue with him so I just stay quiet about that.

"If you hold on to me any tighter I think I'll pop!" Ezra jokes. I laugh with him, not letting go of him. A moment of silence goes by after we're done laughing, so I decided to put on some music.

Lana Del Ray-Cherry

My cherries and wine
Rosemary and Thyme
And all of my peaches
are ruined

I sing softly, while Ezra glances back at me ever so often to smile at me.

Eventually, we get to his apartment. He puts his lusty arms under me again and picked me up, carrying me until we reached his kitchen counter. He sits me down on it softly. I look up at him with doe eyes.

He moves forward slowly. He starts leaning into me until our noses are almost touching. Is he going to kiss me? I'm so nervous. I don't know how to kiss. But I can't make him feel bad for trying. I lean in as well to show that I am interested. He closes his eyes and I copy. Then he starts batting his eyelashes against mine and moves away. That was so cute, but not what I expected. I start blushing.Hard.I put my head down so he doesn't see.

Ezra puts his hands on my face, cupping it.

"You're so cute when you blush," Ezra says. He brings my face closer with his hands and places a gentle kiss on the tip of my nose. I blush even deeper (if that's possible) and smile back at him. He removes his hands from me.

"Go to my room and set down your things," He said.

"I can't take your room away from you" I protest. He deserves his room.

After some time of arguing back and forth, he comes up with a decision we both favour.

"How about we share the room?" He suggests. I nod my head yes.I hop off the counter and leave to go to our room. I open the door to find a clean, cosy room.

I stare in awe for a minute, then I put my stuff away

I stare in awe for a minute, then I put my stuff away. I go back to the kitchen to see Ezra looking through the refrigerator, pulling out eggs. Then in the cupboards to pull out pancake mix. I sit down in a chair in the kitchen and look at him. His short, curly-ish hair and sharp jawline. How could anyone be this beautiful?

"Breakfast is ready," Ezra says, almost startling me. He sets a plate down in front of me with a heart-shaped pancake with syrup on it with berries on the side.

"Thank you," I said, "for everything I mean."

"Don't say thank you," he says "it's my pleasure, kitten."I smile, feeling appreciated for once in my life.

We finish breakfast shortly after.
I sit on the couch scrolling on my phone, while Ezra cleans the dishes, that he insisted to clean.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Ezra asks, walking into the room.

"Sure," I say "Which one?"

"You pick," he says, tossing the remote to me.

I spend some time searching before finally picking one. Ezra starts making popcorn in the kitchen.

"How about 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'?" I ask.

"Sure," he says "But I know why you really wanna watch it."

"Why?" I ask curiously.

"Because it has Noah Centineo in it!" he states "Duh!". He comes back with the popcorn in his hand. He throws one over at me.

"You caught me," I say "He is just so cute!"He scoffs playfully as he walks back over to me.

"And im not?" he says teasingly, I nod 'yes' "Guess your not getting anyone to lay with, or any popcorn."He starts walking away.

"No," I state "you are, come back."
He walks back to where I am. He grins mischievously.

"I'm what?" he asks humorously.

"Im not saying that," I say.

"Fine then," he says "you don't get what you want then."

"Fine," I say "You're cute, can you back now?".He walks back to me and sits down right next to me.

"That wasn't that hard now was it?" he says, pulling me closer to him with one arm.

"No" I mutter out while he wraps both of his arms around me. I pull the blanket over us. I sigh in content after getting cosy against him.

It's kind of weird being able to be so near someone, I haven't done this since I was a kid, but I like it.