Chapter 5

Everly H.'s POV

The last bell rung. Everyone then filed out of their classrooms, eager to leave.

But I had to go to Mr.Morrisons classroom, for a reason that he didn't even tell me!

"Hey Everly," said Brendon "I have to raincheck on Thursday, how does today sound?"

"Sorry I have to go to Mr.Morrisons," I said. I wanted so badly to hang out with Brendon because we haven't for weeks. But I wasn't going to skip going to see the new cute teacher, alone, for it.

"Aw man," Brendon said, "but your so lucky!".Brendon was gay, so of course, he had a crush on him too.

"I know," I said, winking at him.

"Well text about it later," he said "bye".

"I will," I said, then a warm breeze of air came down on my head, "bye".

"You'll what?" someone said from right beside me, startling me. In result, I fell backwards.

"I-I-Im s-sorry", it was Mr.Morrison, he said while trying to stifle a laugh. He reached out his hand. My heart sped up.

I reached out and grabbed his warm strong hand. I stood up. He then reluctantly let go of my hand. We started walking through the halls, listening to the soft pattering of rain. I finally spoke up.

"So, why am I here?" I said, afraid of the answer.

"I wanted some company," he said, "and so now you have detention with me".

I only nodded, I couldn't bring up the words to speak. He just wanted to talk with me? I hope this doesn't go on my record, my mom would be so mad at me. Oh, wait, my mom was expecting me home! I hurriedly dug through my backpack and pulled out my phone.

"What do you think you're doing?" Mr.Morrison said, raising his voice. He snatched away my phone."There are no phones in detention".He winked at me. Again!Plus he was smirking with that godlike face of his.

"But-" I said, not being able to finish my sentence.

"No buts," he said while opening his classroom door "now go sit down".

"Fine," I said, I gave up "though since your being a meanie I get your chair!".I briskly run to his desk. He starts running after me. I speed up, running like there was was no tomorrow. After getting through all of the desks I reach his. I start to sit down in it when.

"OW!" I whined. He pulled the chair out from under me!

"You're fine," he said with slight worry in his voice.

"I am," I said honestly "but you aren't gonna be!".I ran after him.

"Over my dead body!" he said. I go faster. He couldn't win. After a minute or two of running, I caught him by the collar of his shirt.

"Okay, okay you win!" he said while panting. I let go of his shirt.

"Just kidding I do," he said, next he started tickling me.

"S-stop, let gg-go of m-me!" I said laughing.

"Not until you say that im the best teacher ever!" he said, continuing to tickle me. I shook my head no.

After a series of giggles I eventually said, "Alright, you're the best teacher ever!".He stopped, then smiled widely at me.

"And don't you forget it," he said with that wide smile showing off his perfect white teeth.

I rolled my eyes. Standing up now I blacked out for a second and started to fall down. I feel a pair of hands on my waist.

"When was the last time you ate?" Mr.Morrison said I can hear a frown in his voice.

"Yesterday night" I admitted wholeheartedly. I couldn't be bothered to eat right now, too much is on my mind.

"You need to eat more Mae," he said frustrated. I could concentrate on how nice my middle name sounded coming off his tongue. How did he know my middle name? I looked up at him confusedly.

"Your file says your middle name," he said, his tone softer "you don't mind me calling you that right?".

"Of course not," I said a little too fast "but if it were anyone else then yes".Why did I just say that?

"Why is that?" he said curiously.

"Because it only really sounds good coming from your voice" I blurted out.

"I see," he said, smirking, "well thank you".

I inclined my head and flashed a smile. I can't believe I said that! Why am I so confident today? I decided to not question it and just enjoy it.

I got bored after a few minutes, so I walked to Mr.Morrisons desk.

"What are you doing?" I said, looking at his work.

"Teacher stuff, you wouldn't like it," he said.

"Probably," I said, "I'm bored".

"I'll be done sooner and we can go do something if you help me grade these papers," he said in a questioning tone.

"Sure, I'll help," I said. He gave me the answer key, along with a red pen.

Time skip to 10 minutes later

"And," he said putting his pen down "done!"

"Yay," I said.

"Now we can do whatever we want," he said.

"How about we go get some warm drinks at my place?" he said, he grasps a loc of my hair with his finger.

I almost gasp, teachers are not supposed to act like this.

"I don't have an umbrella" I say,trying to come up with an excuse.

"Don't worry I do," he said, walking to the door "we can share".

He opened the door. When we reached outside he put the umbrella up over the both of us. He moved his body closer to mine, to get under the umbrella more. With some time we got to the parking lot, he took me to his car. I feel a warm feeling in my stomach once we got into his car.

"We're here," he said softly. Did I just daydream through the whole ride?

He opened my side of the car doors for me. This man is a gentleman.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem, mae" he said.We ride the elevator quietly.