Girl Band.

"Another touchdown!" The football commenter screams as the crowd goes while.

"Okay girls! Let's go" I shout. I stand in front of the formed cheerleaders.

We do our chants as we encourage our football team to keep it up. The crowd claps and cheers us on as well.

I force a smile as we finish.

"Victoria! I think we're gonna need you in the pyramid" Paloma says as she points out the uneven count.

"I guess I didn't count right tonight, um okay let's go" I say.

The finale seconds start, and with those seconds, the football team chargers with power.

The cheerleaders and I chant our last words, we get into a pyramid.

As manage to get up top and pose, we hear the commenter shout "Redwings win!"

My attention goes to the drum line, the beats of the drum giving my heart excitement and goosebumps.

It gives me a real smile.

*
"Hey, great job today V" I hear as I pack my stuff up. I look around and see Andrew. His football gear dirty and his hair messy but cute.

"Thank you" I say.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Oh um yeah, just a bit tired" I say trying to sound convincing.

"Tired? Are you still thinking about leaving the team?" He asks.

I smile softly.

"Hey don't think to much,  I'll see you at the party tonight" he says and leaves.

"I'll be there" I say quietly.

*
Every year a huge party is thrown and everyone is invited. The cheer and football team must go. So I'm here now.

I walked in with some of the cheerleaders, and my eyes went straight to a band set up. I rushed over there and saw a drumset.

It was beyond beautiful. I must've been drooling that one of the band members laughed at me.

To my surprise if was a girl. All the members were girls actually. I admired that even more.

"You must like shiny drums" one of them says.

"Yeah, I actually enjoy playing them" I say.

"Hmm interesting, a cheerleader that plays drums?" She says. I laugh a bit and nod.

"Yeah it's secret I guess, plus I can only have time for cheer" I say laughing awkwardly.

Before she could respond a member comes up to her.

"Taylor! Riley isn't coming... she's quitting".

I see Taylor's face stress.
The stress goes away as she turns to me.

"Let's hear what you got" she says, and gives me the drum sticks.

"Oh no, I can't..." I say with urgency.

"Come on, you just have to start the beat and it'll be easy to follow" she says.

I look around and see people looking at me as they talk.

"It's Victoria right?" She asks.

"Yeah but I can't, I don't want people to know-"

"Just do you" Taylor says.

I look at the drum sticks in front of me.

I lose thought of everything and everyone else, and grab them.

"Welcome to Girl Band".