Kissing Like It's Official

Chapter 11

Before William could haul me off with him in his ride, he lingered around. He the only Nigga I know after he eat his meal that stays put taking up space in the restaurant; if I tell him to go so I can have the table, he ends up ordering things he won't eat. Whatever he don't eat I take home.

I'm in the back with Ryan and my boss he's annoyed with my visual appearance and once again Ryan is defending me.

"These scratches will heal two days tops." Why he always trying to start a problem. I'm not in the mood for this nigga, I'm really not; shit if he want to fire me just fire me.

"Then come back in two days." He declares.

"Fine whatever." I storm out I got suspended from school and from work this day is taking a toll on me. Ryan kept on my tail he grabs me by my arm just before William can reach me. Suddenly I have each of them on either side of me.

Ryan looks William straight in the face. "I'm taking her home, could you like get out of the way."

If I was in a good mood I'd make fun of Ryan's southern white boy dialect. This may sound stereotypical but ya'll know white people say like in all they sentences.

William never makes eye contact with Ryan instead he's looking at me.

"Here," He hands me the food and strokes my face before he walks out. Ryan has us wait until the bat mobile takes off.

Once I'm in the car I look at him, his face is flushed if he doesn't like me like he claims then he shouldn't be so bothered by William?"

"I could have gone home with William he waited all night just to drive me home."

Ryan shakes his head. "I don't trust that guy I don't want him getting close to you."

I decide I'm too exhausted to protest. "Fine Ryan do what you want."

He looks at me. "What's wrong Phyllis why are you so down?" he unbuckles his seat belt to turn around to face me. "Look at me." He places my hands in his.

He's got that counselor vibe going on and I feel like if I talk in this situation I'm going to embarrass myself and cry. Of course like the impulsive girl that I am I spill.

"I'm just really stressed I try so hard to keep laughing and playing around but I'm so fucking worried. I don't know what I'm a do with my life, I just got suspended that's going on my record as if I didn't seem ratchet enough.

I want to go to college but my money aint building up. I help Ma with the rent, gas and the light and it's hard enough being a waitress; I don't want to be polite all the time because I feel like a fucking time bomb."

I got through my rant without crying but when I look up and saw the compassion in his eyes. Even though he doesn't understand the hood life, he doesn't get what it feels like to be an African American women in a tough area he stooped down to my feelings and that made me want to cry; and I did.

I cry like a thug in his arms for two minutes and when I went to pull away. I stopped directly in front of his face because in that moment I was actually intentionally going to kiss Ryan. I checked myself though, I didn't want to start something I couldn't finish. I know he felt it but he didn't push at all. He kept a hand on my knee for moral support.

"It's going to be ok." Is what he said as he drove me all the way home.

Should I kiss him? We kissed before this would be like a thank you kiss, a we're close friends kiss. I'm making up mad excuses, do I just wanna kiss his ass. Maybe I should just buy some gas for his car.