Phyllis

"Phyllis go wash the dishes girl!!!" My mother shouted from the other room. I rolled my eyes I must be Cinderella.

"Mom I'm not washing no dishes, I do enough of that at work." My mom came out of her room stood at the door and stared me in the eyes.

"Phyllis I'm only going to say it one more time, wash the dishes you know I can't stand dirty plates in my sink."

"Ma my name is Kat don't call me Phyllis." I hated when she called me by my real name it sounds so old so I renamed myself and i prefer to be called Kat.

"That's the name I gave you I'm not calling you no pet name." She returned to her room and turned her TV up loud I went into the kitchen and started washing the dishes humming Usher's latest song. Truthfully the only reason I'm working at that stuck up restaurant is so I can help with rent, save up for college and go to an Usher concert. It's Saturday so I work from 6:30pm to 11:15pm I have about an hour to get ready to leave.

As I get on the train I try to squirm through the mass of people to find a pole to hold on to and end up accidently bumping into someone I automatically look up to apologize when my eyes meet these big blue ones. The Hispanic boy I just bumped smiles at me and move's a little bit so that I can grab the pole.

"Thank you." I say looking over my shoulder.

"No problem." He looks me up and down and licks his lips. "Shorty you could thank me by giving me your number."

I laughed what was he trying to be, right away I saw he was trying to act too cool. "My phone off but I'm a pay my bill tomorrow so text me then." I gave him my number then got off the train.

I got the restaurant with ten minutes to spare I wait tables and clean tables and wash dishes before closing time on the weekends, weekdays I don't clean. I sit in the back waiting until 6:30 but my boss gives me a glare.

"Since your early just start working." He walks off and goes to talk with my co worker Ryan.

"Sure ass face." I mumble and walk out into the dinning room full of rich people, I plaster a fake smile on my face. I randomly walk to a table with two teen girls.

One the girls have strawberry blonde hair and brown liquid looking eyes she scowls at me.

"Keep it moving." She waves a manicured hand at me. I put a hand on my hip.

"Bitch excuse me." Her friend gasps as if she never heard anyone curse before the brunette friend talk's calm and slowly as if trying to tame a vicious dog.

"We don't want any problem we just want Ryan to serve us." I walk away to the table with just one guy.

"Hello sir can I take your order." He gives me a quizzical look. "Or would you rather Ryan be your waiter." I say pointing to my naturally cheerful co worker.

"Where's your smile you seem very unpleasant."

"Sir today just isn't my day so I would like if you just order." There goes my tip and my Usher ticket's oh god help me.

He just stares at me blankly and I do the same I peer down and realize he's super sexy, I turn my face once I get to his thick red lips, why is he so pale? Almost looks like snow his eyes are a sliver gray never seen that kind of eye color on anyone. I never have been attracted to any other race but my own. That's a lie occasionally I have been tempted by Hispanic boys. This guy was Caucasian.

"Stop staring and take my order." his tone iss playful but i'm not feeling anything right now.

"Now you want me to take your order, what would you like?"