Finally after too damn long we began to line up for our diplomas. Michael and I were near the back so again we had to wait but they seemed to be moving fast. Michael went before me and he was up next. Then it was me. Holy shit, this is it. This is what I've been working so hard for and a major accomplishment for me in itself. I never imagined I'd be walking across this stage.

"Michael Gordon Clifford." Our principal said through the microphone and Michael walked across the stage. I clapped quietly to myself as I watched Michael receive his diploma. I was so proud of him.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin." The principal said the world around me seemed to freeze. I walked up on stage and shook the hand of our principal while I grabbed my diploma. as I was walking off stage I spotted Luke in the crowd again. He was still smiling and I held up my fingers in the rock and roll sign and he rolled his eyes at me. This time it was him who mouthed 'I love you' and I swear I fucking blushed like a little girl.

Our caps flew in the air and I felt an unimaginable relief wash over me. Free from the shackles of youth forever. That was so comforting but also very terrifying. Michael wrapped me into a big hug and we again started to laugh.

"We did it man." Michael whispered to me and I held him tighter. He pulled away and we both searched for our family and friends. Calum came running up to us to throw his arms around Michael then around me.

"Congrats guys!" He smiled. Karen grabbed up Michael in an emotional hug just as Luke hugged me tightly.

"You did it Ash, you did it." He whispered and like a flood gate opened, tears rushed down my cheeks. Luke realized my crying and just wrapped his arms around me even tighter. I finally pulled away to press my lips to his and we kissed too many times to count until Karen broke us up.

"Okay love birds, let Ashton hug his mum!" Karen said and I chuckled while a couple more tears escaped. She clung to me while I rested my head on hers and she cried into my chest. She pulled away to stroke my cheek, wiping away a few tears in the process.

"I'm so proud of you." She whispered with a weak voice.

"Thanks mum." I smiled and hugged her again quickly. Liz moved over to hug me and offer her congratulations before she made Luke and I snap a million pictures. I have never taken so many pictures in my life. All four of us were forced to take pictures which for us is nearly impossible. We get distracted like puppies.

"Can we get something to eat?" Michael shouted and we all agreed. We ended up at the small diner where Luke and I always went for milkshakes. Calum and Michael were joking with each other the entire time while the mothers talked about the ceremony. I was lost in Luke. Staring at the way he sipped his milkshake and watched all of them around us talk. He noticed me staring eventually and leaned over to me.

"I love you in that tie." He whispered in my ear causing me to nearly choke on my drink. I leaned into him and kissed his neck, making him chuckle softly.

Our hands were tangled as usual the rest of the dinner and I felt like if I did have a hold of him he'd slip away. We still have a month before I leave and I intend on making it the best month of our entire lives. We finally were able to escape away and Luke drove us to the field we've come to love. I'm standing with my back leaning against the car while Luke is pacing in front of me.

"We could write letters, like they did in the old days." Luke stopped in front of me and I giggled.

"Always the romantic." I teased as Luke began to pace again.

"Skype?"

"Every chance I get."I said and Luke finally stood close enough to me to smell his cologne.