36: R E A L L I F E

✾    

    ✾    

Alexandra and Tom sat quietly on a park bench with cups of hot chocolate in their hands and sharing a pair of earbuds as they listened to Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. Alexandra was humming along to the song and kicking her feet, her head resting on Tom's shoulder to keep warm since the temperature had dropped tremendously now that it was November.

"Tom?" Alexandra asked, receiving a hum from Tom as he turned and looked down at her. She took her head off of his shoulder and turned where she sat, facing him so their eyes were locked. "D-Did you read the scene we're doing tomorrow?"

Tom's face brightened to a bright red and slowly, he nodded his head. Last night he was going over his lines and was shocked to see what scene was written into the movie.

"[Mary Jane pulls down Peter's mask to reveal the bottom half of his face. Peter is hanging upside down from a fire escape in an alleyway after swinging around New York City with Mary Jane (Who still doesn't know Spiderman's true identity). Mary Jane cups Peter's cheeks and pressed her lips against his, passionately kissing him for a few moments before pulling away to reveal red lipstick smudged on his lips. Mary Jane laughs as she tried to rub it off and then pulls the mask back to its original position.]

Mary Jane: See you later, Tiger.

[As Mary Jane walks out of the alleyway we see her lean against the wall right around the corner smiling wide and holding her hands against her chest. In the Background, Peter is now on his feet and happily cheers and jumps.]"

"So, I was thinking," Alexandra quickly stood up and held her hand out to Tom, her cheeks red and her eyes looking nervous. "Kissing upsidedown is probably pretty awkward... So we should probably... you know... practice so we don't look stupid. Ya know?"

Tom was frozen as he stared up at Alexandra wide-eyed. She wore a dark maroon chunky turtleneck sweater tucked into a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans and small black boots. Her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail with a scrunchie and she had a small brown leather back over her shoulder. He couldn't tell if the pink on her cheeks and nose was from the cold or from blushing. He thought she looked cute. Pretty.

"S-Sure," Tom nodded, taking Alexandra's hand and standing up. "Y-You know, Harrison will never let us live it down if we mess up the kiss, so it's best we, uh, practice."

"Exactly," Alexandra nodded, but she felt her face heat up when she noticed that Tom was still holding her hand as they walked over to the monkey bars. 

Easily, Tom climbed to the top and wrapped his legs around the bar, turning upside down so he was face to face with Alexandra. She stood there, frozen, as they locked eyes. She could hear her own heartbeat and felt her palms get sweaty. As cold as she was, she felt like she was sweating in the thick sweater and wished she wore something lighter.

"Um, Lex," Tom spoke up, pulling Alexandra out of her head. "The blood is kinda rushing to my head a bit and I-"

Tom was quick to shut up as Alexandra cupped his cheeks and leaned forward, pressing her lips against his and shutting her eyes tightly. At first, the kiss was awkward and she didn't know what to do, but Tom seemed to know exactly what to do. As if he had done it before. Alexandra soon melted into the kiss and smiled to herself as they slowly pulled away, her eyes still closed as she took in the moment

Tom's eyes were open and he slowly pulled himself up and dropped to the ground in front of Alexandra, her eyes still closed as she smiled a wide grin to herself. Her face was bright red and her hands had flown up to her face to cover it. Hesitantly, Tom reached forwards and took her hands in his, pulling them away from her face. Alexandra opened her eyes and looked up at Tom, still beaming as she bounced on the balls of her feet.

"I think I need more practice, Love," Tom teased Alexandra as his hands slid onto her waist. Without hesitating, she nodded and slid her arms around her shoulder,s leaning in and pressing her lips against his as they softly kissed in the park. On the park bench sat their, now cold, hot chocolate, and Sweet Caroline going silent as the song ended.