Chapter 9 A Heart to Heart

Start from the beginning

"Hey didn't you hear me knock"

I looked up form the book I was pretending to read. "Oh, sorry I was so into my book I didn't hear you come in"

John laughed softly and sat on the edge of my bed. "I thought you didn't read"

I hid my scowl. "I do occasionally in private" I said truthfully.

"I didn't take you as a book worm. What are you reading?"

I glanced at the book cover. "The fault in our stars"

"Its a good book I read it, very sad though don't tell Sherlock but it almost made me cry"

I smiled at his attempt to bond with me. "Your secrets safe with me"

"I know you hate pointless questions but I want to know truthfully are you alright" he said suddenly.

Wow he doesn't waste time getting to the point does he?

"Its difficult sometimes. My head is filled with horrible images and each day is a burden I have to carry with the thoughts of dead people constantly on my mind" I blurted out. It actually felt good to talk about it. It eased the pain a little.

"You know, I shot a man once and so did your father"

I sat up and put the book down. Now he had my full attention.

"I shot a cabbie that was making people commit suicide and Sherlock...God knows why he did it. But I think it was because this man was smarter and very dangerous he had information on everyone. There name age address and every single weakness. He had to be stopped so Sherlock did the only thing he could to stop Magnusson (or however its spelt) he murdered him"

Well this was news! My heart sank a little all that stuff sherlock said about time off was from experience. Not because he cared. My happiness degraded to about fifty percent.

"Food here" Sherlock shouted.

"We better go down or he'll have the neighbours come round" John chuckled.

We both went down stairs and I avoided Sherlock. I grabbed a plate full of lasagna that strangely had a fortune cookie beside it. I ate my dinner at the table. Then I opened the fortune cookie and something fell out. I picked it up. It was a locket! The locket was a gold heart shape. It had my name in graved on the front and consulting detective junior on the back. I opened the locket and inside was a picture of me Sherlock and Mom on my sixth birthday. It was my favorite one of us. In the middle was me with birthday cake smeared round my mouth I was too interested in looking at the TV then at the camera. One my right was mom she was wearing her a long evening dress and she had a small smile on her face. Sherlock was on the left, he was dressed in his usual clothing except he was smiling and looking at me. This was the only picture of him smiling with actual feeling. Around us was wrappers from birthday presents and party stuff everywhere. I put the locket down and read the fortune.

Glad your back. I swallowed the lump in my throat this was the best gift I had ever gotten in my entire life. It had my whole childhood in one heart shaped safe. I will never take this off.

"Its a late birthday present since I missed it" sherlock said.

I held up the locket. "Its beautiful will you put it on me"

He clasped the locket around my neck and stood back to observe me.

"Very" he smiled.

I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks at the compliment.

"Thank you... it means a lot" I said quickly then coughed to hide my embarrassment.

"Happy late birthday. Oh I have on more thing" he went out and came back in with another gift and my laptop and phone!

"You'll need something to do in your time off and the gift is from Mary and john"

I could tell from the cupcake wrapping paper it was from them. I tore open the parcel. I got two CDs of John. One of them was the newest all album of the wanted and the other was by 5 seconds of summer. Mary got me a packet of licorice alsorts. I had both CDs ani didn't like licorice but I appreciated the effort. I got up and hugged john and told him I loved the presents. Then the two of them left me alone with my laptop. I went on face book and updated my status.

Kaite Holmes: I'm back, no longer grounded, thank god, been a way a while on vacation if your wondering were I was they have no internet connection. Just got a beautiful locket as a birthday gift.

A second later I got a message from Luna.

Luna Hooper: We both know you weren't on vacay. I'm all healed up no permanent damage. Just havto take it easy for a while and I missed you so much I was going crazy with worry. How are you? did he hurt you? how did you get back? Can we hang later?

Katie Holmes: No permanent damage my mental health is crap. Yes he tortured and abused me. I stabbed myself in the kidney went to the hospital and an accomplice helped me to escape by calling the police. You can hang at my place because I doubt I'm going to be aloud out.

Luna Hooper: OMG that must hurt!!!!!! I'm totally coming over to yours tomorrow for a sleep over. Exams are coming up but you get to misses them to catch up on study lucky. You don't even need to study. Mrs parks is happy you weren't here for ages. We get barley any homework of her now any chance you can say out of school.

Katie Holmes: It did and I will have to eventually sherlock will make me!!!

Luna Hopper: Bummer oh and HAPPY BIRTDAY!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

"Katie turn that off its turning twelve doctors orders you need your rest" John shouted.

"K" I shouted back.

Katie Holmes: Gotta go quote doctors orders "I need my rest" see yah

*Katie Holmes has logged off*

Luna Hooper: K later girl.

*Luna Hooper has logged off*

I closed my laptop and got ready for bed, but I somehow couldn't sleep. I got up and went into Sherlocks room. He looked form his phone.

"Can't sleep" he asked.

I nodded, he beckoned me over and I climbed into his bed. My head resting on his chest.

"What's on your mind" he whispered.

"I don't like keeping things bottled up" I admitted.

"So talk about it" sherlock said simply.

"Its not that easy"

"The tell me everything that happened from the beginning and clear your mind your no use to min cases if your distracted"

"Yo sound exactly like a therapist" I giggled.

"Oh shut up" he laughed.

So I told him, everything, every single detail and when I finished I felt light hearted.

"Your right it feels good to talk" I agreed.

Sherlock stroked my hair. "Told you...your a good gril you know that. What happened wasn't your fault so don't blame yourself or feel the need to harm yourself" he said softly and gently grabbed my sleeves and pulled them up.

"I told you already about this. Don't harm yourself like this...sometimes its permanent"

I bit my lip nervously. "I'm sorry, it like you and smoking its like a drug you get addicted and then you constantly need it"

"But I use nicotine patches what you need is to fuel endorphins to feel high. You need to excersise vigorously that should help...now will you please go to bed and row rest"

I looked at the ground hiding my blush. "Cant I...you know...sleep with you tonight maybe" I pleaded. I didn't want to spend the night alone with my guilty thoughts.

"If you go to sleep the yes" he sighed.

I smiled. "Thank you"