sixteen

i jumped up the stairs of the large house and knocked on the door a few times, impatiently tapping my foot on the wood beneath my feet.

the sound of a lock clicking made my body jolt up with excitement, the door swung open and revealed grayson's twin brother.... who's name i totally forgot.

he looked me up and down which made me instantly uncomfortable considering all i was wearing was a purple oversized tee that hung so low it was questionable if i was wearing pants or not and slides.

"hi... um-"

"ethan." he interrupted, swinging the door open further, nodding his head telling me to come in.

i wiped my feet at the front door and shuffled in, taking in the beautiful house while doing so.

"gray will be home soon, he went out with cameron to look for some new clothes considering he has no idea how to dress himself." ethan told me, i giggled.

"every time i've seen him he looks well dressed." i shrugged.

"courtesy of either cameron or i, he has no fashion sense what so ever." i followed him into the kitchen as i listened to him as he spoke.

"who's cameron?" i wondered, sending a friendly grin.

"our older sister, shes in collage a couple hours away from here so we only see her know and then, want a drink?" he offered, lifting up the orange juice for me too see.

i nodded, leaning against the wall.

he poured some juice into a cup and handed me it. i took a sip.

"he'll hurt you, you do know that right?" he spat in a stern voice, catching me off guard.

i swallowed before i spoke.

"pardon?"

"he's going to hurt you, physically, verbally or mentally."

i felt a lump forming in my throat.

"y-you don't know that." i huffed.

i couldn't believe what i was hearing, even his own brother wanted nothing to do with him.

my heart breaks for him, he just needs to be loved.

"he can change." i hummed. ethan chuckled.

"cameron thinks that too, hes a lost hope." he stepped forward it finally hit me, i was alone in this house with him.

he leaned down and got up in my face, i stared down at my cup, not daring to look up.

"i'd do yourself the favour and get out now" he snapped.

"oh! and dont think i dont know who you are lola." he grinned before walking out of the kitchen.

i felt as if i'd just been kicked in the chest.

does he know?

i wiped my eyes as i heard the door knob rattle, putting my cup in the sink and straightening myself up, i wandered to the front door.

it swung open and i plastered a fake smile across my face.

in came my little ray of sunshine.

grayson.

"hey." i grinned.

the biggest smile grew across his face. it looked as if he'd just won a million dollars.

he wrapped his large arms around me and squeezed me tight.

"i missed you." he whispered. my body filled with warmth from his words.

my arms snaked around his neck as i hugged him back.

"i missed you too, what have you been up too?" i asked, knowing exactly where he'd been.

"i went and bought new clothes!" he said enthusiastically.

i giggled at how excited he was, he was like a little kid on christmas.

behind him walked a girl a little taller than be with dark brown hair and hazel eyes that perfectly matched her tanned skin.

this whole family is beautiful.

"hello, i'm cameron" she threw the bags of clothes at grayson and put out her hand for me to shake, sending me a grin.

"i'm lola, it's lovely too meet you." i grinned, firmly shaking her hand.

"grayson's told me all about you, from what hes told you pretty much put the sun in the sky."

i looked at gray who's cheeks were bright red from embarrassment. he cleared his throat and sent me an awkward smile.

he really is the sweetest soul.

"come on, i want to get too know you better."

hey! i know its been like a million years but honestly i had no motivation or ideas lmao so i apologise, this is also really short but i promise the next one will be back to the normal length, thank u all for being so patient, i hope you're having an awesome day/night and i'll see you when i update again soon hopefully lol.

much love cuties, take care of yourself <3