eight

grayson's pov*

i fell back onto my bed with my hands on my face, releasing a breath of air.

i should've just done it, i shouldn't have backed out.

i grunted, picking up a pillow from my bed and tossing it across the room in frustration.

no, you did the right thing.

my fists clenched as i sat up, my eyes scanned my dim lit room just before i threw my head back.

"fuck this." i mumbled, standing up and grabbing my car keys from my desk and rushing out the front door in a hurry.

i got in my car and drove, my thumb impatiently tapping on the steering wheel as i got closer.

what am i doing?

i found myself slowing the car down to turn around and head back home.

don't chicken out now grayson.

my fists gripped the steering wheel harder and i sped up and continued the drive.

i pulled up to the front of the house and my heart felt as if it was pounding out of my chest.

taking a deep breath, i stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind me and walking up the pathway leading up to the house.

i knocked on the door four times and patiently waited for someone to open.

the sound of footsteps made my throat dry, i saw the outline of her small body on the other side of the door which made the butterflies in my stomach do backflips.

the lock clicked before the door slowly creaked open, revealing lola.

she was wearing white pajama shorts with ducks printed on them along with a pale green t-shirt and her hair was thrown up into a bun.

"grayson?" she raised an eyebrow at me in confusion.

"w-what are you doing here?" she stepped outside and wrapped her arms around her body to shield herself from the cold wind.

"i, uh-" my chest rose and fell as i swallowed my nerves. my eyes darted from hers to her lips.

i gently grabbed her arm and pulled her close, my lips landing on her soft ones, my other hand travelled up to her face, cupping it carefully. i felt her body freeze up for a split second before she kissed back, her arms draped over my shoulders as she pulled herself closer to me.

i pulled away, our foreheads resting on one another's, we were both breathing heavily, she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me giving me a smile.

she dropped her arms from around me and stared at the ground beneath her feet.

"woah." she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, her cheeks were flushed.

i chuckled at her awkwardness.

"goodnight lola." i said turning on my heel and walking back to my car.

did i really just do that?

100 reads?
are you serious?
holy guacamole, thank you so very much!
it might not seem like a lot but i only expected a few reads.
don't forget to vote to let me know you want more!
<3